Info Buyers beware Lireptiles (Dan Boswith) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
Beyond GenetiX
Buyers beware Lireptiles (Dan Boswith)

He is using stolen pictures and does not take PayPal. These are the pictures he sent, one is from a YouTube video and the other is from chameleonforums. USE CAUTION!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care...eets/jacksons/
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
WebSlave
Please note that this user has a previous account on this site under the member name of "islandreptile".

I only bring this up because it is quite possible that this new account may just go away for violating the "one account per person rule" here. I am awaiting a reply from this person as we speak.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
Lireptiles
Yea ok im a fraud

First of all I did use pictures off the net. I just purchased 50 of each and wanted to start getting rid of them b4 they arrived, I don't see how that's so bad that I deserved to get bad mouthed on this site over it

Old 03-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lireptiles View Post
First of all I did use pictures off the net. I just purchased 50 of each and wanted to start getting rid of them b4 they arrived, I don't see how that's so bad that I deserved to get bad mouthed on this site over it
It is dishonest. You never said that the pictures weren't the animals.

It's also suspicious that you are trying to sell them before you even get them. How are you going to know if they are healthy? Chams are susceptible to stress & double shipping would be incredibly stressful.

So really, you are trying to flip them for a quick buck.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Lireptiles
And second I had an account for awhile when I was j and d chameleons. After 12 yrs later I came back on the other day, not remembering what email I used or under what name so that's why I must have 2 accounts, but everybody right away labels me as a fraud, on the site and on google. I'm a cop look on Google under family bonds and you'll see I was on an hbo show called family bonds

Old 03-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
Lireptiles
There all healthy my brother ships them to me and no one ever bothered asking if they were actual pics, or I would have told them. I just put a pic up of each reptile. Whatever, im not going back and forth but I'm certainly not a fraud

Old 03-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
Snake-Queen
It's called lying by omission.

It's better to be transparent, than to be perceived as a fraud. This business has changed a lot in 12 yrs, you'll have to change with it.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Mistyck
Interesting how this isn't the first time you've been accused of using someone else's photos:

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7223/#b

Quote:
Posted on June 23, 2010, updated June 27, 2010

Dan Boswith of King Coops has illegally taken copyrighted images of my coop, removed my watermark from the photo and posted them on his website as his own work and design and is now marketing them for sale.

He has also posted them on Craiglist in various states and I have had Craigslist remove them due to the violation.

He has not responded to my request to cease and desist and continues to keep the images on his site as well as many others he has stolen from other coop owners. I now have an attorney working on the case.

I would highly recommend thinking twice before doing business with a company such as his that demonstrates illegal business practices with no regard.

On June 27th, 2010, hmb changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Updated from a negative to a neutral. King Coops removed my images from their website. And the legal team at Craigslist removed all the others from their site.
If you click the link there were several people stating the same thing. So how do you feel you have a right to use photos that are NOT yours to represent something you are selling?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #9
Mistyck
Again:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/40...-their-website

Seems as though that's an MO you seem to like to use...

Old 03-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lireptiles View Post
And second I had an account for awhile when I was j and d chameleons. After 12 yrs later I came back on the other day, not remembering what email I used or under what name so that's why I must have 2 accounts, but everybody right away labels me as a fraud, on the site and on google. I'm a cop look on Google under family bonds and you'll see I was on an hbo show called family bonds
And you STILL need to reply to my PM to you about the duplicate accounts. If you don't you leave me little choice in what I have to do. I'm not going to give you a deadline beyond you really need to follow up with me via PM before the next time this crosses my mind. Sorry if I left you with the impression that just ignoring my message was an option for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!