Bad Guy James Michael Ammon aka brbexotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Zombie's Morphs
Thumbs down James Michael Ammon aka brbexotics

James Michael Ammon (Mike), AKA brbexotics here on fauna, contacted me about my collection that I was selling and wanted to purchase everything. We decided on a price of $6,000 for 12 snakes including .1 3500g super pastel, .1 PB mojave spider, .1 Calico, .1 mojave, .1 firefly, .1 black pastel, .4 PB normals, 1. PB HGWG, 1. Banana. He was to pay actual shipping costs of $650 (through SYR, total weight was 61lbs).

He had to make a few payments as he did not have all the money at once. He gave me a $500 deposit that was $485.20 after fees through paypal to hold the animals on Feb 14, 2014.

He further paid $ 1,970 that same day.

He then wire transfered $2,700 on Mar 06, 2014.

The remaining was paid by AMEX through paypal on Mar 07, 2014 in the amount of $1,456.20 after paypal fees.

Total amount I recieved after fees was $6,611.40. After supplies and everything, shipping cost me more than orignally quoted, but I did not charge him the rest.

The animals were shippid on Mar 19, 2014 due to a good shipping window. All animals arrived safe and sound with no issues.
Tracking numbers: 798274810660 , 798274787934

He gave me positive trader rating here on fauna on Apr 01, 2014 as well as a message on my profile saying how happy he was the same day.

On Apr 11, 2014 I received a paypal notice saying a chargeback had been filed by mike for the $1,500 AMEX paymet, stating he declared it fraud. He said it was his mother's card and she filed it. I was then contacted by a Matt Prove on the same day, stating Mike had done the same to him.

Mike kept telling me that he would just sell the snakes and pay me what he owes me. That never happened. Then he dissapeared. No contact until today when he left me a voicemail, telling me to go to hell. What a nice guy, right?

Stay clear of this man, he is a crook and a liar.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
Zombie's Morphs
Thumbs down More info

Forgot to mention, I shipped the animals to a friend of Mikes that agreed to receive shipment. He asked to not be apart of this and rightfully so as he was nothing but pleasent. Because he had my snakes, he paid $1500 to me to keep the super pastel female, one normal, and $300 for shipping. So I have received all monies owed, but not from Mike, nor on his behalf.

Screenshots of our FB convo regarding the chargeback:

Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
smigon
Wow, you are dealing with a TRUE whackjob! Keep on PayPal with his contact with you, the more info you give them the better. Good luck!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie's Morphs View Post
Forgot to mention, I shipped the animals to a friend of Mikes that agreed to receive shipment.
I seem to remember that in order for a seller to successfully invoke Paypal's seller protection, the item must be shipped to the shipping address on the transaction details page?

Old 04-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie's Morphs View Post
Forgot to mention, I shipped the animals to a friend of Mikes that agreed to receive shipment. He asked to not be apart of this and rightfully so as he was nothing but pleasent. Because he had my snakes, he paid $1500 to me to keep the super pastel female, one normal, and $300 for shipping. So I have received all monies owed, but not from Mike, nor on his behalf.
As much as you want to keep him out of this, the disputed amount revolves around snakes which you first sold to Mike, and then sold to this friend.
According to you, you shipped to this friend, according to Mike, it was ten days before he even knew that the snakes had been shipped.

Had you simply shipped and had a chargeback, that would be one thing. But you shipped, and then apparently resold a few of the snakes to the friend for the amount in dispute.

Did you resell before or after the chargeback, and please provide proof. If this 'friend' purchased the snakes from you and did not deliver them to Mike, a chargeback whether or not it will be successful would be an appropriate response.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Zombie's Morphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
As much as you want to keep him out of this, the disputed amount revolves around snakes which you first sold to Mike, and then sold to this friend.
According to you, you shipped to this friend, according to Mike, it was ten days before he even knew that the snakes had been shipped.

Had you simply shipped and had a chargeback, that would be one thing. But you shipped, and then apparently resold a few of the snakes to the friend for the amount in dispute.

Did you resell before or after the chargeback, and please provide proof. If this 'friend' purchased the snakes from you and did not deliver them to Mike, a chargeback whether or not it will be successful would be an appropriate response.
The snakes were sent to his friend because Mike did not have the rack set up to house the snakes yet. They had been ordered but he hadnt received them yet. His friend is a well known repectable breeder in the community and doesnt want his name in it due to the negativity. I will post a screen shot of the payment he sent for the purchase of those 2 snakes in a sec. He paid for them on the 23rd and Mike placed the chargeback on the 11th. He knew the snakes were shipped and arrived safe because i was in contact with him. I will show screen shots of that as well.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Old 04-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Zombie's Morphs
Here is when I sent him the tracking info:

If he chose to not follow the tracking info and see when his shipment arrived, that's hrdly my fault. Whether it was 10 days later he saw them or not, he didn't initiate the chargeback until the 11th of april, long after he saw the animals and picked them up (except the 2 that he still couldn't house and left with his friend to breed as payment for accepting his shippment and caring for them for a few days).

Here is where he says they arrived safe and is going to go see them:

Here is the payment from his friend:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Zombie's Morphs
Screen shot of his trader rating to me:

Screen shot of his message on my fauna profile:

Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
brbexotics
Lucille,
I don't know you and it seems that you have a good head on your shoulders. Tim needs to pull this thread and return Paul's money because he was paid in full minus the extra shipping costs. My mother is 62 and didn't understand her AMEX bill when it arrived. She was the backup funding source for all the PayPal transactions. She called AMEX and AMEX initiated fraud. When she called AMEX back to verify the charges like she did when we tried to send Tim the $6000 on Feb. 19th, the damage had already been done. All 4 people who were involved in these chargebacks have been paid( Tim gets to keep an extra $1200.....I THINK NOT!!!!!!) I do not want to involve an attorney or be involved with inane discussions.
J. Michael Ammon

Old 06-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
guruza
Quote:
Originally Posted by brbexotics View Post
Lucille,
I don't know you and it seems that you have a good head on your shoulders. Tim needs to pull this thread and return Paul's money because he was paid in full minus the extra shipping costs. My mother is 62 and didn't understand her AMEX bill when it arrived. She was the backup funding source for all the PayPal transactions. She called AMEX and AMEX initiated fraud. When she called AMEX back to verify the charges like she did when we tried to send Tim the $6000 on Feb. 19th, the damage had already been done. All 4 people who were involved in these chargebacks have been paid( Tim gets to keep an extra $1200.....I THINK NOT!!!!!!) I do not want to involve an attorney or be involved with inane discussions.
J. Michael Ammon
The only insane discussion i read was your texts. Made my head hurt and i still couldnt understand half of what you said. If you fixed the charge back I agree you should get a refund for the snake you did not receive. Please provide proof that it was fixed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ammon, ball python, brbexotics, python