Virginia Tech - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
Lucille
Virginia Tech

I have a son away at college and the news about Virginia Tech shook me up. What a horror, I feel for the parents of the dead children.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Stardust
I felt the horror of it all but not the shock. It is now happened too often. I have kids in college as well.
Even in my small town the elementry school where some of my kids go is total lock down constantly, you can only enter through the front doors now and even if a kid knows you they still can not let you in any other door.

It was bad enough when we had to really start cracking down as parents about gangs, then strangers, now it includes bombs and shootings at school.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
WebSlave
You have to wonder what has gotten into people in this day and age. When I was in high school you could buy guns at Sears and ammo at the 7-11. Some of the guys would be going hunting after school, or went hunting before coming in and had guns out in their cars or trucks. Nobody paid it much mind. Saying you had a gun out in your vehicle raised no more eyebrows than if you had said you had an extra pair of sneakers out there. And this was in Maryland, no less.

Up till 1968 you could buy a gun through mail order, up to and including Lahti anti-tank canon and more. So it's not the availability of guns that is causing the problem, as the laws have made the hoops you have to jump through progressively harder to negotiate. It's people who have fundamentally changed.

So how has this happened? What is the CAUSE of the insanity that seems to be getting worse every day?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!