How do you leave feedback for someone? Trader Rating not working - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
I totally feel you Rob! Someone bought from me but was not a contributing member, so they left me good karma, of course, they don't have karma so it doesn't count towards anything plus no one else can read the comment they made (it was really nice of said person to try!) it's just a limitation of the system as it's set up. We just need to get more contributing members

Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #12
Melinda
Throwing out an idea here, since I seem to deal with many people who are not paid members and I would like to see my trader ratings go up.

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, contributing members can leave rating for non contributing members, (like the system is set up now.) And non contributing members cannot leave a rating until a contributing member leaves them a rating first. It puts the ball in the contributing members court to initiate the ratings. The non contributing member can only leave a rating for the contributing member that left them a rating. The non contributing member could only respond to the contributing member that left them a rating.

Know what I mean?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
bradleymoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Throwing out an idea here, since I seem to deal with many people who are not paid members and I would like to see my trader ratings go up.

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, contributing members can leave rating for non contributing members, (like the system is set up now.) And non contributing members cannot leave a rating until a contributing member leaves them a rating first. It puts the ball in the contributing members court to initiate the ratings. The non contributing member can only leave a rating for the contributing member that left them a rating. The non contributing member could only respond to the contributing member that left them a rating.

Know what I mean?
that would be great, however there are additional custom coding costs to implement something like that, as i was told.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleymoore View Post
that would be great, however there are additional custom coding costs to implement something like that, as i was told.
Not to mention that, in effect, I am being asked to spend money to help visitors here NOT have to spend their money to become contributing members.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Melinda
Maybe as an extra encouragement to contribute, we should not allow ratings for persons that are not contributors. A person wants to build up their reputation and receive ratings, then there gonna have to contribute for that priviledge.

I'm sure all this has been discussed by the powers that be. So please excuse me if I step on any toes.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Maybe as an extra encouragement to contribute, we should not allow ratings for persons that are not contributors. A person wants to build up their reputation and receive ratings, then there gonna have to contribute for that priviledge.

I'm sure all this has been discussed by the powers that be. So please excuse me if I step on any toes.
Actually, I believe that the way it presently is, is much more encouragement for a member to become a contributor. Chances are that many of their customers are NOT paying members, so possibly they themselves may encourage their customers to become so in order to help with that feedback rating they are accruing.

And on the flip side, a person who is doing "not so good" business, could easily dodge the negative feedback simply by not being a contributor member. This in itself is a big strike against this suggestion, I would think.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
jason longboard
Someone PM me when you get it all figured out lmao. Glad I found this thread I think. lol

Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
hhmoore
What's to figure out?
The Trader Rating system can only be used by paid subscribers. Simple.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #19
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
What's to figure out?
The Trader Rating system can only be used by paid subscribers. Simple.
click on his coins to become one.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #20
goReptiles
There are a few forums that allow trader ratings without having to pay. I have never really seen it abused, but I see how 'bad' people doing that.

I agree with those who feel it is unfair that if they pay and leave a rating, but they cannot receive the same in return because their customer wasn't a paid member. That isn't fair. I was going to sign up, when I saw you had to pay to be able to leave a rating, but I would like to be able to reap some benefit if I have to pay to leave positive remarks for someone who isn't a paid member.

Because there are so many unpaid members, it makes me not want to pay, as I won't reap any positive ratings for transactions. I would hate to ask everyone I do business with if they're a paid member, and if they're not then too bad they don't get a rating from me. I'm not doing something that I can't get back in return. I'd like to be known as a good seller/buyer, but if there's no guarantee that I'm going to be benefited, what's the point?

*My two cents**

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!