Killing the messengers.... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #51
hhmoore
Bryan,
Karma is peer feedback about your posts. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think getting negative karma is a punishment, you are too thin skinned.
Did you play the kind of baseball where you couldn't strike out, and go to the birthday parties where all the kids got presents?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
JColt
I've always disliked the karma system. You have 3 camps.

God I love Karma I gotta get more!
I got bad karma, My life Sucks!
Karma - meh!

C'mon don't get upset on a website over red or green dot's.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #53
crotalusadamanteus
Agreed! Too many people take it as some verifiable measure of their worth. It simply means people agree or disagree with your posts. Means nothing else at all.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #54
radera5
What's Karma?!?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #55
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan2 View Post
As for negative karma being easily erased...
There seem to be more people on here who are willing to destroy anothers credibility than there are people who will help build it up.
All that, and it's gone already.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #56
N1ck55
What is this "Karma" thing anyways , it just gives argumentative people the chance to try to egg someone on. I had posted my first BOI tonight and am thankful it is closed it is plain annoying to have people confront you just to have their voice heard. I see it may have at one point or another served a useful purpose but needs to be reformatted big time. LOL I was being "attacked" because I didn't want to have a 25 page thread like the others on the topic and wanted to address a serious issue of animal abuse. The person that I was trying to warn everyone about is probably cracking up laughing and you will have 10 more posts about her next week after she sells sick animals at the Hamburg show.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #57
N1ck55
People were getting annoyed that I had brought up a complaint about the same person? It was on a different subject matter with new information , and someone still bought an animal from her with the other BOI'S posted . I do appreciate you guys answering my request to close the thread and hope that others can learn from this situation and be able to prevent these instances from happening.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #58
Utta
Funny, you talk about other people just wanting their voice to be heard, yet that's exactly why you're posting this nonsense here. Other members have just as much right as you do, to post. I didn't read your threads, so I have no clue what you're talking about, but mods don't answer "requests" to lock threads on the BOI. There are strict rules set in place there. Not even the mods will break those rules. If your thread was locked, it was locked for a reason other than your request, I can assure you.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #59
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck55 View Post
I do appreciate you guys answering my request to close the thread and hope that others can learn from this situation and be able to prevent these instances from happening.
They didn't lock it per your request...they locked it for THIS reason:

Quote:
I've locked this thread. Since it contributes no new information or serves any purpose aside from a vague warning, there's no need to see it bumped to the top every few minutes with another irrelevant post
Per Clay Davenport in that meaningless thread that you started.

You are not special and they don't lock threads per request in the BOI.

People were not commenting just to hear their "voices heard". They commented on that thread because you said that you had proof, and when asked for it, you didn't provide it. Besides that you were NOT being attacked when you said you didn't want a 25 page thread, you were being QUESTIONED because the information you were providing was irrelevant without proof. Plus there were already other threads started about the same person, and the Mods and Admin would rather you use existing threads about a person, rather than starting a new one.

(Mods/Admin please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I have gotten about the BOI. )

Anyway, like I said, you are not SPECIAL, and the Mods/Admin don't do what you ask, ESPECIALLY in the BOI.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck55 View Post
People were getting annoyed
They sure were. One person asked a question and you said you had to go do your sociology homework.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!