Bosch partners with HSUS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:56 AM   #1
Arachno
Bosch partners with HSUS

From Humane Watch

Quote:
Bosch, a German automotive company, recently announced a partnership with HSUS. The company started a campaign called StoptheRoadkill.com, which encourages drivers to buy Bosch wipers to see the road better and avoid hitting wildlife during inclement weather. (The company calls it a public service announcement, but it’s not really a PSA if you’re selling something.)

Presumably, HSUS is getting a cut of every wiper blade sold. It’s a bad deal for animals, though.

HSUS doesn’t run a single pet shelter anywhere. And HSUS isn’t exactly starved of funding. The group has some $200 million in assets. Last year, it stuck $50 million of donor money into Caribbean hedge funds. That’s a lot of bowls of food. HSUS ought to already be doing more to feed animals, but instead it shamefully mismanages donor money—whether it’s earning bad grades from charity watchdogs for high spending on overhead, sticking money in the Caribbean, or even paying a racketeering settlement.

Local shelters or rescues that take care of cats, dogs, and other pets could certainly use the money. They’re often in desperate need of help. The same with local wildlife rehab groups.

Email Bosch USA’s CEO, Mike Mansuetti, at Mike.Mansuetti@us.bosch.com and politely ask him to sever ties with HSUS and make sure the money goes to reputable organizations. (If you get a response, feel free to forward it to us.)
http://www.humanewatch.org/ask-bosch...nd-ditch-hsus/

Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
WebSlave
Interesting. I guess I know what brand of windshield wipers I WON'T be buying in the future.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Herps Alive!
E-mail sent --
Mr. Mansuetti:

While the concept of your Stoptheroadkill campaign is certainly well intentioned, I must seriously question your involvement with the Humane Society of the United States. I am led to understand that HSUS will receive a financial contribution form any blades sold through this campaign. The Humane Society of the United States does not operate shelters and a very small percentage of its donations go to helping animals. In fact Charity Navigator recently lowered their charitable grade., eventually revoking it completely and posting a "donor advisory" instead. HSUS invested millions in the Cayman Islands and other off-shore accounts.

Please find a new partner (ideally an actual charity) for this otherwise great program, otherwise I will be unable to purchase any of your products in the future.

Thank you.

Keith Gisser
Cleveland Hts., Ohio

Old 01-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
very nice Keith!
thanks for the effort!
I'll do the same.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #6
Herps Alive!
Dear Mr. Gisser,

Thank you for this information.

Bosch Aftermarket North America and The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) have one common goal to reduce the number of wildlife which are struck by vehicles on U.S. roads. Through the Stop the Roadkill campaign, HSUS was provided a one-time donation from Bosch Aftermarket North America to support that goal. No additional compensation has been or will be provided to HSUS as a result of Bosch product sales.

Stop the Roadkill is intended to raise awareness among U.S. consumers of the importance of regular vehicle wiper blade replacement, to help improve visibility of wildlife and other road hazards, and contribute to safer driving.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Tony Pauly

Director Brand Management & Advertising
Automotive Aftermarket North America
AA/COM-NA

Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Herps Alive!
My response:
Mr. Pauly

Thank you for your timely and complete response.
It is just unfortunate that an organization like HSUS, instead of one that truly cares about animal welfare derived benefit from a program that I agree is very worthwhile.

I urge Bosch to continue supporting animal welfare, but to vet their partners more closely in the future.

Keith Gisser

Old 01-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Arachno
I'm surprised they responded. Even if they only gave the HSUS one donation I'm still gonna boycott them.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #9
snakesareawesome
I also wrote in expressing my gratitude that they are trying to help wildlife, but extreme displeasure that they partnered with a group imfamous for having despicable attitudes toward animals and our societies entire way of life.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #10
FervidBrutality
I wrote to Mike. I work for a large automotive dealer that has been partnered with Bosch in NASCAR for the past 15 years. Hopefully, we can form a bond with some common ground. Hah. Every little bit counts, I suppose.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!