Eastern Fence Lizard? - help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Sarah Crise
Question Eastern Fence Lizard? - help

I was in my yard and a little lizard seemed about as curious about me as I was of it so I picked it up. it seemed pretty happy being held but I put it back down and it immediately hid under my shoe (I was sitting crossed-legged) so I picked it back up. I put it in an empty tank I had with plants, water, hiding places and two small crickets. He (maybe a she, IDK) seems pretty happy. Can someone confirm if this is an eastern fence and tell me what else I should do for the lil guy? Thanks!!
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah, fence lizard. Probably my favorite lizard of all time.

Looks like a young male.

If you like seeing him around, just release him in your yard and maybe you will see him often enough to make it a ritual visit.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:47 AM   #3
LauraB
Agreed, release the little Fence lizard. That is the best you can do for him. That way he can find a mate and make more lizards for you to enjoy outdoors

I have plenty here, and they are pretty chill little lizards, but better left in their natural habitat.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
WebSlave
As long as you don't make them feel uncomfortable, they will hang around and get amazingly tolerant of the close proximity of humans.

A couple of months ago I was replacing some screening on the vents on the crawlspace of our house and had one that was about elbow distance from me just watching what I was doing. We have a pretty good population of them around here this year and see them sitting on the sides of trees pretty often. They pretty much just ignore us walking by. But we talk to them anyway.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
Sarah Crise
ok thank you!!

Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
Sarah Crise
alright, I appreciate the feedback

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
feeding tips, housing, identification, lizard