Terrarium Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
JFroggy
Terrarium Help

I am working on setting up a terrarium for Red Eye Tree Frogs and could use some help....Anyone have any experience? I am in the planning stages and am hoping to keep it very simple..but want to incorporate a misting system (checking out mistking) any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFroggy View Post
I am working on setting up a terrarium for Red Eye Tree Frogs and could use some help....Anyone have any experience? I am in the planning stages and am hoping to keep it very simple..but want to incorporate a misting system (checking out mistking) any suggestions?
depends on how many...

odds are it needs to be water proof because of high humidity and able to contain water because they need water being that they are frogs...

so figure out how many and then I would start with an aquarium.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
JFroggy
I have the aquarium.. it is a 30gal bow front. And I am looking at housing 2 or 3 RETF's what I need help with is what is the best way to construct the terrarium. Some sites say false bottom with a submersible filter (too much construction required for me) the construction I am partial to is one with a misting system... but how do you construct it so that the substrate does not stay soaked? I was also thinking it would be neat to have a pond in the construction somewhere but again it seems too much for me at least...LOL Oh and what are the best plants etc...

Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFroggy View Post
I have the aquarium.. it is a 30gal bow front. And I am looking at housing 2 or 3 RETF's what I need help with is what is the best way to construct the terrarium. Some sites say false bottom with a submersible filter (too much construction required for me) the construction I am partial to is one with a misting system... but how do you construct it so that the substrate does not stay soaked? I was also thinking it would be neat to have a pond in the construction somewhere but again it seems too much for me at least...LOL Oh and what are the best plants etc...

easy false bottom is made with plexiglass

box off a vertical box or tube to expose the water to the frog and put some holes in the box tube to allow the water in it to circulate with the water under the false floor. Heat plus water = humidity

Actual sprayer could be done many ways...

you could adapt an actual spray setup like you have suggested or use a low psi power head and create a water wall/fall into your water box. Just by adding "protrusions" to the fall/wall, would cause the water to spray out of the fall/wall.

All depends on how elaborate you want to get, your budget and how much hassle you wish to ensure at cleaning time.

I mean you could use a basic sprayer setup and add an external power head in a bucket with its power set on a timer. You just play with spray vs evaporation rate to make sure you never flood the tank.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!