Combining gliders ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Lucille
Combining gliders ?

For those of y'all who keep gliders, how many do you keep in a cage, and of what gender?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
amercnwmn
I only have a pair of gliders (M&F) they were SUPPOSED to be female/ female pair, but the woman thought all she had left were females, and just grabbed 2..I took her at her word and never sexed them, so I may well have a Joey on the way. I will be getting him fixed soon.

I do know people that keep 4-6 in a large cage, my cage is the basic size 2x2x3 so I just have a pair for now. I really would like to have a larger cage for them.
If you are looking to introduce a male to an already bonded pair, that could cause problems as could introducing a new male to an already established male, or a new female to a dominant established female.
I've heard most people recommend purchasing pairs of gliders instead of singles.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
I would not do more than one male per cage. I have noticed that, like all animals, one male tends to dominate, even in family settings. I have 6 gliders and I just ordered additional caging to seperate them all except one pr.

With bonding, I am going to try to get similiar aged gliders and pair them up, male/female and female/female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!