Bad Guy DTS Herps - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
LakesideBoas
Thanks for the clarification, Harald. I knew I had read something to that effect, but not the details.

BTW, in my previous post I meant to address Beth, not Alicia. (Moody- Mooing) stuck in this old brain, sorry!

I hope Andrew is able to come up with some e-mails or something so there is one more nail in Dan's coffin.

As for Dan posting, he should just copy and paste his responses from the last threads about him, I'm sure they won't deviate much!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by absnaken View Post
I purchased 7 snakes from Dan S, 4 have deid, and one is about to. One deid after 3 day's of being in my possesion. Dan has thrown every excuse in the book at me and first say's he'll make it good, then after a few weeks he say's I never bought from him, or try's to throw some other excuse at me. He now say's that I am trying to "SCAM" him and has hung the phone up on me and now blocks my emails. This guy is a real peice of work and if you want to gamble on quality try him. As I mentioned 4 out of 7 dead withen a week ain't bad odds. Also being out the $720.00 I spent on them alone and now having to have to take the one to the vet is just a added bonus!! But as he say's "you are the only one that is having problems" What a winner! has anyone else had this or is having this Problem with him? Thanks Andy 714-335-2606 izzymara@cox.net

Andrew,

What snakes were they? Do you have any clue as for the reason of their death?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Harald. I knew I had read something to that effect, but not the details.

BTW, in my previous post I meant to address Beth, not Alicia. (Moody- Mooing) stuck in this old brain, sorry!
!
LOL no problem Maggie.

Usually when i respond to someone (though not ALWAYS) i quote their post, or a post by them. So, when in doubt, feel free to ask me.

As for dans ban, thats too bad. I was hoping it was permenant!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
LOL no problem Maggie.

Usually when i respond to someone (though not ALWAYS) i quote their post, or a post by them. So, when in doubt, feel free to ask me.
( in general, i see that you MEANT the response to her, just mixed up names)

Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
hhmoore
On a more serious, realistic note...If the first one didn't die until 3 days in your possession, and you hadn't already informed him of the problems, you may be SOL. Were these WC snakes?

Dan's current guarantee, as posted in his KS ads:
Quote:
GUARANTEE: There is a live arrival guarantee on all reptiles when delivered on time with express service and an unconditional two-week health guarantee on all captive born snakes. All wild caught specimens are medicated for any potential parasites.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #16
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
As for dans ban, thats too bad. I was hoping it was permenant!

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Maybe for Christmas....

Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
absnaken
No, another lesson learned! I talked to him on the phone and he has a ton of adds on kingsnake so I figuered he would be legit. Boy, was I wrong!!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #18
absnaken
2.2 egg eaters (one deid in 3 day's)
.1 frenata (in very bad shape with white pusstuals all over)
1.2 dwarf pacific island boa's (all three deid, had mucas coming out of nose and mouth when I got them, they deid withen 1-2 weeks)

Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
absnaken
All I wanted from Dan was for him to pay me back for the CB egg eater that deid in 3 day's. now he has blocked my emails and told me not to contact him. I don't know alot about computers but I will try and post his last email to me.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #20
absnaken
my email conversation with DTS

Actually, I am done with your scam. You received healthy and happy candoia and a healthy frenata and egg eaters and the frenata is a 300 dollar snake so if you gave it away or sold it to your friend, that is your issue. I do not wish to discuss these matters further as it is my perception that you are trying to take advantage of a good deal and do not call to harass.

Dan

In a message dated 10/2/2008 1:22:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, izzymara@cox.net writes:
Dan, I don't know where we stand on this. I bought from you thinking you where a reputable dealer and the snakes where in good shape. This hole thing has been a nightmare. If this Frenata dies I will be out 310 plus the 75 on the egg eater. I will not settle for that. Please let me know what we can do about this. I am willing to ship the Frenata back for a refund or try and hold on to it and hope it survives, but if it dosn't, what can be done? I am a breeder and I have never had a snake die from eating while in shed. expecially to think that a small finch egg liquid going down a snake would be called a lump?? they do not take the egg all the way down. Please let me know what we can work out, Thanks Andy
---- Danscolaro@aol.com wrote:
> Andy, well I did not mean to be blunt but could have left it as it arrived
> healthy and alive and offered nothing and still been within the terms of sale.
> And your email was that they candoia arrived fine so I am not sure what
> guarantee any dealer gives beyond a report such as that. And although I believe
> you when you say they showed shortly with a respiratory condition and died
> and such, again, what can be expected of any dealer who ships healthy stuff
> and then it somehow gets sick. And I shipped 30 of those snakes and no one
> reported any respiratory but still believe you. I never even saw a photo of
> them dead? I believed you so no big deal. Heck, I buy 3-4000 dollars of
> reptiles a month and 5-10 percent of them end up with some issue or another and I
> never once got a dime consideration from people I have handed well over
> 100,000 dollars to for reptiles and that is from several different folks. Not a
> single dime. If I tell them something had an issue or imperfection or
> respiratory, they say it arrived alive and end of conversation. I bought snakes
> from folks with good reps and got stub tailed and disease ridden snakes and they
> dodge responsibility. I am not throwing that up for any defense, but that
> is how people deal in this business and it stinks that they do that. I do it
> for a hobby and it turned into a job and now its difficult keeping up with
> the expenses the job created so its fun most of the time, but sometimes hard.
> Even on the egg eater. I recommending allowing the red to shed before
> feeding and you got it and fed it the same day and it died the next. I have seen
> that happen before with other snakes that ate while in shed. Their body
> freaks at the bloat and they cannot get their skin off and they stress internally
> and die. It happens rarely, but does happen and I have done it myself a few
> times to snakes.
>
> Dan
>
>
> In a message dated 10/1/2008 11:24:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> izzymara@cox.net writes:
>
> I don't know if I would call it a Free Frenata. as those other snakes died
> in a very short time. I really appreciate you stepping forward and trying to
> make good of the situation. I think that Scott just really got worried after
> spending the 310 to have a snake shipped and then Freight(SP?) telling him
> that it was a bad deal and that the snake would most likely die. We are not use
> to getting snakes that do not fair well. I guess it's another lesson about
> getting LTC vrs CB. Any way. I am very sorry that we are all going through this
> and hope you can understand where we are coming from. Thanks Andy
> ---- Danscolaro@aol.com wrote:
> > Andrew, I sent you a FREE perfect frenata and your friend calls here
> making
> > threats?
> >
> > Dan
> >

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!