Good Guy Garrett Smith - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
Duffield
Garrett Smith

I have purchased two beautiful Chameleons from Mr. Smith. I made a great decision because he was very much up front, and wasted no time with shipping. I brought both chameleons to the vet and they were very healthy. Age and weight was spot on.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
elena
Congratulations on giving money to someone who has ripped off others for thousands of dollars. No amount of good transactions makes up for this outstanding debt.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...arret+smith%5C

Old 07-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Keith you came very close to having your pockets picked by a pro!

Old 07-30-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
Ed Clark
There is a good reason why he has the lowest karma on this site.

Lowest Karma.
1 - Frogman11 (-569)
2 - MythicalDragonz (-537)
3 - crestyman2 (-463)
4 - FresnoTortoise (-385)
5 - colorado (-311)
6 - crespo72 (-299)
7 - skanndelus (-230)
8 - Dan Scolaro (-226)
9 - wallshaker (-226)
10 - calebroad (-222)

Old 07-30-2018, 06:32 PM   #5
elena
Mr. Duffield, did you know that Garret had scammed others when you made your purchase?

Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
SeSmith
Ughhh, is there multiple users with the name of Garrett Smith? From my research I've found three users with that name registered, and two seem to be the same person while one is completely different and reputable. Judging from OP's profile picture which is a Calumma parsonii, the Garrett Smith he's referring to is kurpak, who has been a user for almost 15 years and has nothing but positive reviews. I have personally purchasing a parson's chameleon from him, and I can attest to his professionalism, prompt responses, transparency, quick shipping, and wonderful customer service. I would hate for his name to be soiled by a username mix-up!

Old 07-30-2018, 11:30 PM   #7
Its_JoeyHello
Hi, I am just curious, if this person has scammed many users on the site why can he still use the site? How does that work? Was just thinking about that.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:07 AM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_JoeyHello View Post
Hi, I am just curious, if this person has scammed many users on the site why can he still use the site? How does that work? Was just thinking about that.
In general terms, becoming removed from the site (banned) is a result of violating site rules. It is possible that an individual can be accused repeatedly of being a scammer, but not have violated the site's rules to maintain an active membership.

Most, but not all, scammers do or will eventually violate the sites rules, at which point we have just cause to excuse them from the site.
Anything further can be discussed in Site's Feedback Forum. Thank you

Old 07-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
snowgyre
Shelby is absolutely correct, there are two currently active Garrett Smiths. (Thank you for pointing that out, Shelby, I was completely unaware.)

Frogman11 is the Garrett Smith those above me were discussing. He currently does not have any chameleons listed for sale here, but he quickly takes down classifieds once purchases are made.

Kurpak is another Garrett Smith who recently advertised Parson's chameleons in June 2018. He is not very active on Fauna with only 9 posts, but he's been a member since 2004.

Keith, can you please clarify which Garrett Smith you purchased from?

Old 07-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #10
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeSmith View Post
Ughhh, is there multiple users with the name of Garrett Smith? From my research I've found three users with that name registered, and two seem to be the same person while one is completely different and reputable. Judging from OP's profile picture which is a Calumma parsonii, the Garrett Smith he's referring to is kurpak, who has been a user for almost 15 years and has nothing but positive reviews. I have personally purchasing a parson's chameleon from him, and I can attest to his professionalism, prompt responses, transparency, quick shipping, and wonderful customer service. I would hate for his name to be soiled by a username mix-up!
Easy fix.

Keith needs to provide more info on his seller such as user name,email address,city and state anything that will differentiate him from any other Garrett Smiths.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!