Good Guy Garrett Smith - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 AM   #11
nickolasanastasiou
Or maybe the easy fix is an innocent person does not have to go above and beyond to defend himself based on his name that was given to him by his parents.

Maybe the easy fix is to not jump the gun.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #12
SeSmith
I'll let Keith respond to validate my speculation, but in case he doesn't reply, I'm almost certain he's referring to the user kurpak. A quick flip through Keith's history indicates his interests are focused primarily on parson's chameleons. His posts also reveal he's already purchased at least one parson's chameleon from kurpak in the past few months.

I'm not sure how in touch with the chameleon community any of you are, but parson's chameleons, especially CB, are incredibly hard to come by, and only a handful of people in the US are actively breeding them. Though Keith didn't outwardly state which species he's referencing, everything in his history points to it being Calumma parsonii, which kurpak is a verified breeder of, and I highly doubt Frogman11 has anything to do with.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:31 AM   #13
Ed Clark
Shelby Smith are you related in any way to Garrett Smith?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #14
Milesd_87
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Or maybe the easy fix is an innocent person does not have to go above and beyond to defend himself based on his name that was given to him by his parents.

Maybe the easy fix is to not jump the gun.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
SeSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Frog View Post
Shelby Smith are you related in any way to Garrett Smith?
Ha! You might think so, right? Unfortunately, it is the wretched Smith curse AKA the most common last name in America. It's kinda funny though... I, Shelby Smith, purchased a parson's chameleon from Garrett Smith (kurpak) a couple months ago, and just sold my female panther to a Nicole Smith, and we're all unrelated. Gotta love it.

I'm mostly just trying to look out for kurpak, as he's spent years establishing parson's chameleon breeding stock which has allowed him to offer CBs for sale. With the difficulties in breeding C. parsonii and their ~18 month incubation period, that's a monumental accomplishment!

Old 07-31-2018, 03:29 PM   #16
Duffield
Smith is Correct, "Garrett Smith he's referring to is kurpak," He is from the state of Washington and he sells nice Parson's. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #17
Ed Clark
Keith that clears up the confusion and gives credit to where it's due.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #18
snowgyre
Robert, I know editing BOIs is typically a no-no, but given Frogman's reputation, is it possible to edit "kurpak" into the subject heading to avoid confusion and give Garrett the credit he is due?

Old 07-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #19
elena
I'm the one who wrongly assumed that Garret Smith (kurpak) was Garret Smith (frogman). I'd like to publicly apologize for that mistake and any negative attention it may have brought to a seemingly honest seller.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:53 PM   #20
nickolasanastasiou
I make mistakes, too. Good to own it like that when it happens.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!