Home made incubator...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Gregg M
Home made incubator......

This is a wine refridgerator turned into an incubator..... I used the heating element from a hova bator along with the indication light..... It took a little bit of time to rewire it and to bend and shape the heating element and to secure it all down nicely but it is well worth the effort..... I am using a boaphile thermostat and the temps do not slide off more than a half of a degree..... I made on similar to this about two years ago and it is still in perfect working order....... I just wanted a new look..... Well here are the pics...... Let me know what you think.....

Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Gregg, that is very cool. I like it alot. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
progeckos
Gregg that’s awesome! It’s the incubator of the future. LOL. Seriously when I need a new incubator it will probably be a full size fridge… jeez that’s a lot of eggs.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
TooManyBurmese
Gregg could you send me plans for making one? I will have burm eggs soon...

Old 10-12-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
riverjop
Thumbs up

Gregg that is really cool! Someone awhile back had posted a fridge they had converted and It's funny ...cause every time I walked down the isle at cosco that has those wine coolers I always thought...Wow that would be a cool incubator!... and you did it! very cool!

But what about all the wine?

No really great job!

Old 10-13-2004, 12:22 AM   #6
Blazin
Ditto to the above

That is Most Excellent! I will take one Greg. Go ahead and make mine and ship it to me UPS Ground. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
shrap
That looks sharp!!! Very nice work indeed!

I am in the process of converting an old, battered 1950s upright freezer.....I will not be posting pics after seeing that beauty, lol.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #8
Gregg M
Thanks so much for the words...... I did this because I cracked my hova bator in an unfortunate vacuming accident.......LOL.... Luckily there was nothing cooking in it...... It is amazing how well this thing is maintaing the temps...... Its actually working better than the first one I built..... It also looks cooler too......LOL...... Anyway, if anyone wants some info on how it was built and wired up just drop me an email...... Later......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!