Project W is in effect! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
aimee_s
Project W is in effect!

My fiance and I have a cornsnake named Wendell, which we bought last year from the NBHS Reptile Show. Until we could find an apartment, a friend of ours has been taking care of him for the past month and a half.

Last night, we went to go get our snakey to bring him to our new apartment... that's when we found out that he wasn't in his enclosure ! My friend and his roomies last saw him in there the day before when they cleaned his water bowl and gave him new water, then they closed him back up until we could pick him up. The weird thing is, the enclosure was latched shut and the screen top was being held down by a lamp, some envelopes, a box of tacks, and a roll of tape in a dispenser.... so we don't know where he could have gone!

We searched through warm and dark areas of their whole house, but no luck... we went through closets, clothes, bags, shoes, under the fridge, under the stove, around computers and consoles... nothing.

Later today, I will be setting up the soda bottle traps for him to go into for food and hope that he'll end up found in the next day or two... if not, then we'll be sad We are calling this: Project W: Bring Wendell Home.

Please help us pray that he comes up safe!

And here are some pictures...

Last year, we got him at 25 grams (underweight for his age) - he could fit in my hands!

And this pic was taken 2 months ago (~120 grams) - he can't even fit in Leon's hands!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Are you positive he's not in the enclosure?

I know it sounds silly, but some who use more elaborate enclosures have "lost" their snake inside the enclosure only to find him/her smushed inside a rock, log or some other such item that you wouldn't think they could fit into.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!