Peru Field Pics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
Diego Velarde
Amazing shots! Thanks for sharing. Where in Peru did you go?
BTW I love cuy (guinea pig), my grandma makes the best cuy in Ancash

Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #22
TheFragginDragon
Amazing!!

Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #23
rcarichter
Incredible! I love how you just casually threw that leopard in at the end! The clear butterfly with pink is amazing. They certainly have more than their fair share of locust/katydid type things. How long did it take you to get all those beautiful photos? Did you actually stay in the field? Thanks for sharing!

Noelle

Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #24
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playballp View Post
Amazing shots! Thanks for sharing. Where in Peru did you go?
BTW I love cuy (guinea pig), my grandma makes the best cuy in Ancash
I hear that mine must have been prepared wrong. I'm typically a huge fan of uncommon food items, but that really didn't taste good. How does your grandmother cook it? I want to try it again when I go back in a few months, but I'll definitely go to a different restaurant. It is odd too. The alpaca I ate there the night before was incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Incredible! I love how you just casually threw that leopard in at the end! The clear butterfly with pink is amazing. They certainly have more than their fair share of locust/katydid type things. How long did it take you to get all those beautiful photos? Did you actually stay in the field? Thanks for sharing!

Noelle
Yeah the leopard was an amazing sight. With the lion we saw in Africa a couple years back, I now only have a few large cats left to spot in the field. The pictures are a bit katydid heavy as that is what I was specifically looking for. There were plenty of other insects as well, but I didn't put much interest in them. When we're out collecting we do stay in the field. Typically there are research lodges along the river that we can stay in. Other times it is tents. Most the accommodations in Peru were nice relative to the other places I've been. At one location we stayed at a tourist lodge. It was quite comfy. warm water, beds, and nice meals!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #25
wyldwurm
Absolutely stunning photos! I cannot believe how many different inverts there are! VERY interesting! Really like the spider that looks like tree bark. Took me a bit to find it! Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #26
Diego Velarde
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugleston View Post
I hear that mine must have been prepared wrong. I'm typically a huge fan of uncommon food items, but that really didn't taste good. How does your grandmother cook it? I want to try it again when I go back in a few months, but I'll definitely go to a different restaurant. It is odd too. The alpaca I ate there the night before was incredible.
Not sure how, I never bothered to ask. Its some type of red sauce but the outside is very crispy and the meat is tender and juicy... I can picture it now... its been so long.
You have to go to really small restaurants or eat at someone's home to get the best country food. But if you really want to experience restaurant food, Lima has amazing "underground" restaurants by invitation only, or there's even several ceviche bars around that are freaking amazing (I love food). I'm hoping to go there in 2014 for 2 or 3 weeks and then jump on a plane to Brasil to catch some of the World Cup games.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!