Another mysterious clutch... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
FireStorm
Another mysterious clutch...

This clutch surprised me a little. Here's a pic of mom. I bought her as a proven normal in a group from a collection sale. She's really light and blushed out and has a kind of granite look to her.

She was bred by a Fire and a Mojave, and gave me 9 eggs (1 went bad). Here's a picture of what's out so far. Top right looks like a Fire for sure to me. Bottom right may be a Fire as well, but it's alot lighter than the one above it. Top middle looks like a normal, bottom middle is a normal from another clutch (just added it for comparison's sake). Top left is maybe going to look like momma...I don't know what it is but it's not normal looking. It's dark and has a different pattern. Bottom left is similar to the one above it but less obvious.

Here's a side shot of the odd baby on the upper left side.

As always, I'm a lousy photographer and need a better camera so sorry about the pictures...I know they aren't the best.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
corgigirl9
Post some head shots of the snakes on the right.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
FireStorm
Baby from bottom right next to normal:

Baby from top right next to normal:

I'll take more pictures once they shed, but I took these when I took the other ones. I don't want to get them out again right now...I always feel bad messing with them right after they hatch.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
SlytherynHiss Exotics
I LOVE Mystery clutches! That dark baby is AWESOME! And the 2 "Fire-type" ones are just luscious! Congrats on those Beauties!!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
snakesRkewl
2 granites(left)2 Normals(middle)and 2 fires that are possibly fire granites(right)

Old 09-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Tiger Lilly
The babies are awesome, but I do love mama's look!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
corgigirl9
I think you got 2 likely fires w something from the granitey mom. Congrats

Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
2 granites(left)2 Normals(middle)and 2 fires that are possibly fire granites(right)
That's what I was thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherynHiss Exotics View Post
I LOVE Mystery clutches! That dark baby is AWESOME! And the 2 "Fire-type" ones are just luscious! Congrats on those Beauties!!
Thanks! I wasn't expecting this clutch to be anything surprising since the breeder I got the mom from didn't mention producing anything unusual from her but I was VERY pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
The babies are awesome, but I do love mama's look!
Thanks! I love her too...I bought her as a nice normal and was amazed when she showed up. She's one of the nicest females I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgigirl9 View Post
I think you got 2 likely fires w something from the granitey mom. Congrats
Another Fire has emerged since I posted these pics...I feel pretty confident calling them Fires at this point, but I do have another local breeder who has produced quite a few Fires who's going to take a look at them at some point to make sure.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
KY Reptiles
Wow very nice!!!! Loving those "granite fires"

Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
phoenix-cry
I'm thinking your 'normal' has some pizazz in her! I'm loving those light/fire/granite guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!