New rescue... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 12:38 AM   #1
DThomas
New rescue...

I just picked up a small burm that was turned into the AHA . It is roughly 3.5-4ft long and a bit on the thin side. Not aggressive at all, has not tried to strike, only half-hearted hissing. It also came with some friends. So he/she just finished a long soak and is back in the PAM treated enclosure. Thank goodness I have it quaranteened in the otherside of my house away from my collection.

Now I am not a big burm fan but this one needed a home. And not just go to another home that would eventually give him/her up again. Just like the rest of the country, we in AZ have a problem with too many burms. The AHA takes in way more than there are homes for.

Although I am not a fan of burms, my wife is. She really likes burms and absolutely loves retics. She has owned both. She's only 5'4" and tiny and loves snakes that could eat her, go figure..lol Anyways, since I had been promising her for awhile now that she could get one of them, I saw this burm as the perfect oportunity. I could keep my promise to her, do a good deed for the animal, and launch a premptive strike against getting a retic.. The burm will hold her over for awhile..lol
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
kosmic
i know what you mean about too many burm's.

someone gave me a burm a few months back.

she has been great so far.

not agressive, good eater, perfect.

she had a bit of a dry shed when i got her, but is doing much better with her last shed. I guess she needed to settle in a little.

glad to see you will be giving your burm a good home.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Sand&SunReptile
Looks like it has some good coloring.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
TooManyBurmese
Too many burmese? What ever do you mean!

I wish more people had the room, money, and space in their hearts to do what you guys did!

Old 10-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
I wish I had the space for a burm. I love em.
The biggest I can have are redtail boas, coastal carpets and ect..
Ill stick to my carpets, corns, leo's, rosies, and balls.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
CFoley
I used to do the rescue burm thing...ate me out of house and home...and used up all the space for the breeding projects that I love doing now...

More power to you though, someones gotta do it.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
rag54
i used to be just a ball python man but i saw a burm with one eye felt bad for it cuz nobody wanted it so the made it half off i have always wanted one now i got one for 50 bucks and its a het for granite i wuld love to have more and breed tem but my mom wont let me lol plus i leave for the army in a few months and they wil only let you brng oe or 2 snakes to your dorm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!