Would you choose a HDPE cage over PVC? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:20 AM   #1
Angel619392
Would you choose a HDPE cage over PVC?

Hi im new to the forum and have a specific goal at least for right now, the goal is to figure out why more people are not using HDPE cages instead of PVC?

Like if somebody can make them and offer them at the exact same prices as other cage makers or priced maybe 10-50 bucks more for a superior cage in every area (Strength) , durability , cleaning, 248 degree heat tolerance what would be stopping you for buying them?? Like proline cages the guy from northwest constrictors who used to make hdpe cages.

So what do you guys think??

Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
snowgyre
I personally don't have a preference over HDPE or PVC. I think for many it comes down to the final price point, which is why certain brands of racks, although obviously inferior from a material standpoint, are still being purchased.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I personally don't have a preference over HDPE or PVC. I think for many it comes down to the final price point, which is why certain brands of racks, although obviously inferior from a material standpoint, are still being purchased.
And I agree with you 100% everything you said. I just wanted to get at least 10 opinions on this subject , I posted on 5 different sites to get a greater idea of what people think. But to get your direct answer , " would you buy an HDPE cage over PVC if the it was priced exactly the same or even 10-40 bucks more if you knew the benefits?

Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
snowgyre
Yes, to an extent. If the price point was similar or the same, I would always select the higher quality rack. It's not just the materials though, it's also about how the rack is constructed. I don't like racks that have bumps (for stacking) or that waste vertical space. Design is just as important as materials used.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #5
Angel619392
Hm so hypothetically speaking. If this cage company were to have a design from another company like animal plastics but have some minor tweaks to improve it. So you know its sturdy you would?

So if the price is the same maybe a bit more expensive youd buy HDPE right?

If the build design and structure is rigid and good would you buy over another company?

Anything else that youd want that would help make your decision towards HDPE?

Old 01-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Yes, to an extent. If the price point was similar or the same, I would always select the higher quality rack. It's not just the materials though, it's also about how the rack is constructed. I don't like racks that have bumps (for stacking) or that waste vertical space. Design is just as important as materials used.

I replied to you but forgot to add the quotes but the post before this was for you

Old 01-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel619392 View Post
what would be stopping you for buying them?
Even with competitive prices and superior design, one major factor in buying caging (to me) is the reputation of the company. It can be the most beautiful, well built, reasonably priced cage ever but if the company has the rep of not even coming close to their build deadline quote, I'd find another vendor. Of course, quality cages might take a little more time to build, I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the promises the seller makes to the buyer when the seller knows it will take longer and still promises the buyer a quicker finish date.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Even with competitive prices and superior design, one major factor in buying caging (to me) is the reputation of the company. It can be the most beautiful, well built, reasonably priced cage ever but if the company has the rep of not even coming close to their build deadline quote, I'd find another vendor. Of course, quality cages might take a little more time to build, I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the promises the seller makes to the buyer when the seller knows it will take longer and still promises the buyer a quicker finish date.
Wow how could I forget this important part. Reputation.....

So I understand what you mean by reputation. Now by your onion you basically want the honest truth and no lies, specifically about manufacturing time.... If I say I can deliver by this time frame then keep your word.

Thank you for your input you really helped me understand. Anything else you can think of? By the way my replies are bit off because I'm at work but it's pretty chill so here and there I can reply lol.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #9
Lucille
Angel please edit your reply and remove the names you posted. This is a general discussion forum and while it is fine to talk about the concept of reputation we do not discuss specific vendors here.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Angel please edit your reply and remove the names you posted. This is a general discussion forum and while it is fine to talk about the concept of reputation we do not discuss specific vendors here.
How do I edit I dont see where to? If you could just change it i dint know if you can but i cant see the option to edit

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!