clay mccartney bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:24 PM   #1
collector
clay mccartney bad guy

well i know this was my mistake even after i asked advice. i'm not asking for opinions, i did this to myself.
i took a chance on on this guy and well i won't trust folks as much .
anyway the just of the story is he confronted me to trade his female sulcatta for my subadult surinames. he should have shipped first but was reluctant because of bad deals in the past so i sent the female suri, he sent me a male sulcatta and now says i'm screwing him. i was suppose to send the male after the female arrived,but it is a male not a female and i refuse to send male suir.untill he fixes this mistake.
yes i have emails to back this up.
but this just to let you know not to trade with this person. he uses 2 different phone numbers and none belonging to him.
yeah i know it's my fault and deserve it
just trying to save someone else the headache
but feel free to kick me
ric morales

Old 05-26-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
sputnik
I wouldn't send the male suri either..... he needs to fix the current problem and give you what you were supposed to get!

Old 05-26-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Quote:
he should have shipped first but was reluctant because of bad deals in the past so i sent the female suri, he sent me a male sulcatta and now says i'm screwing him. i was suppose to send the male after the female arrived,but it is a male not a female and i refuse to send male suir.untill he fixes this mistake.
Ric,

If he now sends you the female he will be at a disadvantage (it's almost like if he would have shipped first) as you will have both animals and he just one. Could you at least tell him to post in this thread? That way we will all know what's going on and maybe that will give him a little bit more reassurance to ship you the female first. The fact that he shipped you the wrong sex could have been just an honest mistake. My suggestion would be not to let this go sour over a simple mistake.

regards.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
collector
alvaro
i have told him that i was going to post this. he's had 10days.
all he does is call me thief ass.... and liar
not only did i ship first he stuck me with shipping of 170$ for his male sulcatta.
i have plenty of emails to endorse my statements
thank you ric morales

Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Ric

Is this an adult Sulcatta? Are you 100% sure of the sex?

Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 AM   #6
collector
hi john
yes he is an adult sulcatta,and it's positively a male. i have 2
other males that i was hoping to find a female for. i did go to tortise sites and make sure of what i had before i started my quest.
this male has a plastron of 16 inches and concave with a long tail
he's a beautiful sulcatta but not what i wanted . he confronted me with a female sulcatta to trade.
not to mentioned i have 537$ in to this 200$ male sulcatta
thanks ric morales

Old 05-27-2003, 12:23 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
Ric,

Please disregard my coments. I was under the impresion you were waiting for a pair of sulcattas and not just a female. I misunderstood you. Yes, you are absolutely right and shold request that female. In fact he should even pay for the shipping costs once you return the male sulcatta back to him.

Regards.

Old 05-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #8
collector
np alvaro
maybe i didn't clarify myself properly.
this is how it went.: i had an add on ks with different boas for sale/trade.
clay was interested in my 1.1 surinames and wanted to trade his
female sulcatta for them. i asked if he was sure it was a female.
he stated that's what the vet writes on the paper work. he guaranteed it to be a female. so i accepted the trade offer. then he wants me to ship first. i said no i'm sorry i have to back out of this deal. well he kept writting how i was a crook( nothing at this point had changed hands) then i came up with ok i'll ship first. i sent the female suiname. after i recieved the female sulcatta i was to ship the male suri to him.
well the sulcatta arrived,only to be a male and not a female that the trade was based on. he also sent the tortise c.o.d. 170.22. to my surprise
i email him saying it is a male and not a female . and why the f***
did he cod the tortise. it was not part of the deal. he gave me a sob story,how he couldn't afford to ship, and didn't think i would mind.
i gave him 2 options
1) send me the 170$ i had to pay for cod charges and then pay for his male to be shipped back to him. and send my female suri back at his cost.
and he had to ship my female suri back to me before i would ship
anything back to him.
option2)
send me the 170$ he owes me for cod charges. pay for his male to be shipped back. send me a female sulcatta at his cost and i would send the male suri at my cost to complete the deal
i know this would be expensive for clay,but he made the mistake
not i
i have about 40pages of emails to back this all up
i also told him i was comming here to tell others not to trade with him. he says go ahead i don't have anything else to trade so who cares.
didn't mean for this to get drawn out sorry just wanted to help others if i could .
ric morales

Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
cm_reptiles
Being a snake person and not a tortoise person. I did not know the difference between male and female sulcatta tortoises and I told ric morales this over the phone many times but since the trade seemed alright to him one day and not the next. I lost sales on this tortoise. He sent me a very skinny female that died one week later. I told him there was no way I was sending him money because the snake died and that he should just sell the tortoise if he needed money. The tortoise was a beatiful animal and one I regret letting go. If anyone has this tortoise I might be interested in having him back

Old 02-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
richardduckworth
holy 5 year old thread. you just now hearing about this?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!