curious to know - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
deobra2869
curious to know

I have always wanted a green tree python or an emerald tree boa, and I am just curious to know which is recommended.
Are GTP more docile or ETB?
If you have a large living virarium set up (with all the correct humidity levels and heat levels of course) can you house an ETB and a GTP together?
Can you house mutliples of the same species together?

I really like ETB and I have seen a few at local reptile shops that are actually very calm and are able to be handled with absolutely no signs of aggression. Do ETB just have a bad rep? Are they really all that aggressive?
I have never had a bad encounter with an ETB but I have had some pretty nasty ones with GTP.
A little help?

thank you
Deobra

Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
Utta
GTP's are recommended first because ETB's are temperamental with their set-ups. less forgiving.

depends on the locality of the GTP, but ETBs are docile if they are CBB.

im sure you could, but its not recommended (at least not to me) but ive seen that the SD zoo had them housed together when i was there last.

again, im sure you could. i see less harm in this then the GTP housed with an ETB.

they are like retics. their bad rap comes from most of them being WC then having an attitude.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
deobra2869
thank you for the info I really think I want an ETB. There is one at my pet store that I am in love with <3 she is a sweetheart

Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Utta
id get a CBB ETB from parents you can see pics of. but if you like her, then go for her. (but personally, id wait till the SD show and pick one up there from a guy named Ross. ill PM you his info if you want?)

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
deobra2869
That would be great I actually went and bought her and have her setup in her temporary home until our enclosure for her is completed........ But if all goes well I would like a 2nd ETB preferably a baby but depends on color and personality

I am more of a ball python person, but this girl stole my heart just as sweet as a puppy.

thank you

Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #6
deobra2869
my female ETB will take better pics tomorrow
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!