first time Hogg Island Boa Breeder - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #81
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
You are changing my words.
After I'm done cooking I'll give you a decent response.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #82
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismaSandBoaMorphs View Post
Sorry you don't like the fact that I'm going to knowingly breed a crossbreed.
Ever heart of crossing two purebreed dogs to make something amazing?
Its not like I'm sending a rock python gene around. Ffs.
Quote:
Oh my god. How many times do I have to say this; "I am not breeding to sell them, I am breeding to make pretty snakes with the ones I currently have."
Look, I know I don't know you but just look at your previous posts

Quote:
Say they were hogs mixed with some red tail morph, would they still be worthless? How can I at the very least make my money back?
Seems like your primary interest was getting your funds back. Isn't that what you stated?

Then,

Quote:
If I wanted to breed them, do you have any suggestions?
Should I breed the pair together to chance getting more that look like hogs? Or should I breed them both with other BCI to make something?
Either way I want babies, which would be the best route to go with these two snakes?
Quote:
Also, who knows how their babies will turn out, might have some that look closer to original hogs, no?
Seems to me with the previous post and these you were trying to see how you were going to make them look more like hogs to get your funds back. That's just how the posts come across.

Regardless, there are several types of breeders. Those that work with locales, morphs or both. I would say both care about what they are doing.
Using your earlier analogy of dog breeders, they are the same as reputable dog breeders. Then you have those that will put anything together to make a buck. Doesn't matter the quality. Those are the same types of people you find in all animal propagation. They get over their head. You see them on the news all the time. They are called backyard breeders. Selling every mutt they can put together to make a buck.

Bottom-line is, sure you can breed them. Do what you like they are your snakes. Although I should discourage it like everyone else but the truth is you can sell them for low quality pets, pet shops or wholesale the whole lot out. It's not as hard as your being told but that doesn't make it right. The truth is their likelihood of having a good quality of life and care is a whole lot less when they are cheap disposable pets.

The fact is if you do breed them, Most of us here know your not going to be sitting on a large litter of boas their entire life. Most here aren't that stupid. Many of us have hundreds of snakes or good quality projects. Keeping a litter for no purpose isn't going to happen. You're going to sell them or get rid of them eventually and I think most just want to make sure they end in a good place and are labeled correctly.

Good luck and just be honest. Nobody is just going to sit on a large litter, FOREVER. That's nonsense. You are going to try and figure away to
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismaSandBoaMorphs
at the very least make my money back?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #83
Dennis Hultman
I guess the main point I was trying to make is I could care less what you breed. It's your business as long as you are honest.

What strikes me most is that you asked about getting the babies to look more like something they aren't with in emphases on getting your funds back. That's just how I read it. Makes one wonder how they (babies) will be marketed.

Adiós.........

Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #84
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
I know they are not hogs now.
Regardless they have the some hog genes which are used for enhancing other morphs.
I was just simply trying to find a way to make a pretty and colorful snake with what I do already have. I'll always be honest. No need to lie for a quick buck. I have a stable job, not like I was ever doing this for the money.
Its a hobby of mine and I want to add to what I do have to see what comes out.
Not many people stick with hybrids, and honestly, I want to see what will happen after 5 or 6 years of keeping these two.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #85
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
The way some people act is as follows;
"It's not a pure hog burn it before it dampens the already weak bloodlines we have"

Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #86
ShadowAceD
No one said destroy the animals, so nice try.

It's from marketing perspective and the knowledge of saturation in said market.

You're literally wanting to breed crosses "just to see what happens".

A lot of people take issue with that. If you cannot handle it, do not throw it up on a public forum for all to see.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #87
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
You forget I'm not the one who crossed them with any hopes of making some freak animal.
I was misinformed when I murchased them.
I do however think it would be cool to keep this beautiful snake that I now have going.
They have amazing colors and if I were to add in another gene that were an enhancing gene, who knows how they will end up.
Maybe down the road I'll have an animal that is gorgeous and no one has even seen one like it.

I breed birds for an example. I bred fantail pigeons to doves, and worked for 8 years on the project. I now have doves that look like tiny white peacocks that are totally healthy to a cross in that specific animal.

I take care of all my animals.
Also, for the record, never said anyone actually said that. Was saying the way they were talking, they might as well have.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #88
ShadowAceD
Like I said, whatever you want to do.

Don't expect a lot of "atta' boys" and "go for it, yeah!" from people.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #89
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Well, thanks for your input.

Now the ONLY question there is left to answer in this blog is "What else could be added to the gene pool as far as other morphs go to make for a gorgeous looking snake?"

Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #90
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Forum* not blog* my bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, hogg island boa