Inquiry Dan at DTS Herps, Inc (Boca Raton, Florida) - Good guy? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #21
Southern Wolf
From what I have read on here... the only people that have good transactions with him are the ones that dont have a problem with the animal when it arrives. If there is a problem with the animal... then its not Dan's fault and he breaks out into

Me personally... I judge a seller buy the bad transactions. How did they resolve the issue?

just dont cut it for me.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #22
Sssnakemom31
Without an experience ...

how can you have an opinion?

For me, I would not presume to judge someone's character unless I PERSONALLY had a bad experience with them, and even then - I try to see all angles, do my best to give the benefit of the doubt, and put myself in their position to be as fair as possible.

Dan has been great to deal with, and for me, that's all I need to know.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sssnakemom31 View Post

For me, I would not presume to judge someone's character unless I PERSONALLY had a bad experience with them, and even then - I try to see all angles, do my best to give the benefit of the doubt, and put myself in their position to be as fair as possible.

The whole point of the BOI is to avoid a bad experience.
Would I go on a date with Jack the Ripper? No. I don't have to have personal experience to know that I just don't think I want to do that.

Likewise, the reports of MANY people show a side of Dan that I don't want to experience. Especially when there are so many other solid businesses that have great customer service even when things go wrong.

What is that great quote, 'Those who don't know history are condemned to repeat it'.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Southern Wolf
Quote:

How can I have an opinion... take some time and read the threads on here about him. It will become painfully clear that you got off lucky.... and Im glad you did. Otherwise you would just be another statistic.

I told him point blank "because of the way you handle yourself on here I wont buy from you".... he called me everything but a white boy. All because I said I wont spend my money with him.

Like I said... take some time to read about him.... you will see what we mean... and once again... Im glad you had a smooth transaction.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #25
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:

So your stance is that no matter how much research you do and no matter how many bad experiences are recounted, you simply ignore it and only base your decision on your own transactions?

I guess that's one way to do it.

May you live in interesting times Kathy.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Lucille
Just a thought, but here we have a low post insistently pro Dan poster, any chance this could be the D boy himself?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #27
KingBowser
I had a good experience with Dan when I purchased so boas from him way back when, but I would never purchase from him now. His true colors have bled through my computer monitor.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
KingBowser
*some

Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Will0W783
Quote:
Just a thought, but here we have a low post insistently pro Dan poster, any chance this could be the D boy himself?

I was wondering the same thing.....

Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
Sssnakemom31
Oh, for heaven's sake ...

I am a low poster, because up til now, there hasn't been a lot that warranted my participation. Either there is not much going on with a subject that interests me, or there is way too much drama - which this thread most certainly is.

I just wanted to try to say that not everyone is willing to make up their minds based on someone else's say-so. Not that my opinion is more important than someone else's, just that there are 2 sides to EVERY coin.

I am not trying to call anyone out, far be it. Just posting my positive exerience to show that they do occur, and that it would only be fair to know that for someone considering the whole picture.

I am not Dan, Dan didn't pay me to do this, and I am throwing up my hands in the "I give up" gesture now ...

Kathy Weeks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!