Good Guy Dan at DTS HERPS INC. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Dan at DTS Herps
Good Transaction 9 47.37%
Bad Transaction 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
boalove
Dan at DTS HERPS INC.

Despite all the negative comments about Dan at DTS HERPS INC, I decided I would go with my gut and purchase our first Nile Monitor from him. We talked through email for a day before I decided to purchase, I called in with my credit card by saturday, and our Nile Monitor was sent out yesterday via UPS. He sent me the tracking number yesterday morning/afternoon and told me to contact him about the arrival. I had the Nile delivered to my work, and it arrived safely here at about 9:30am this morning.

Without a picture, I just requested the highest, most vibrant colored Nile he had. And that is exactly what I got! When I took him out of the shipping box I was pleasantly suprised! He has a lot of color to him, and he was very bright and alert, though a little stressed out. My little guy is a great new addition, and if I decide to get anymore I will be going back to Dan!

So, despite the negative feedback I went with my gut and gave this nice man a shot...And Dan was an outstanding businessman to work with. Thanks for reading!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Iraqvet
Dan,is that you???

Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
boalove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet View Post
Dan,is that you???
Nope, I am a woman, and I live across the country from him. Why, do I sound like Dan?

If anyone is having a hard time believing that Dan made a honest to god, great 100% healthy delivery of a Nile Monitor, I will gladly share my UPS tracking number and emails...Because I believe this man is a good man with a bad rep. And I am VERY happy that I listened to my gut instead of the negative rep.

He was a great to work with, had great customer service and I will work with him in the future if I decide to expand my Monitor collection. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Will0W783
Seems you were one of the lucky ones. If you'd had a problem with the monitor though, would you still be singing the same song?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Seems you were one of the lucky ones. If you'd had a problem with the monitor though, would you still be singing the same song?
I agree...I mean,any transaction can go either way...Its either gonna be good,or bad,no matter who the seller is.Some just have better track records then others,that will guarantee a good transaction.But had you gotten the usual DTS treatment,you would be on here and be very upset..If you are not Dan,or one of his friends,then I am glad you got what you wanted..I am still leaning towards this being a "framed" good guy thread..Dan brought his bad rep on himself..People dont get them just because..He has treated people terrible because quite simply,he dosnt care about his customers or his animals..Anyone who does businness with CONFIRMED bad guys,is gonna be on here crying about it eventually,cause it will only be a matter of time.The proof is in the pie.Word seems to tavel fast in this hobby..So if your goin around recomending this guy,and he screws people,what do you think the impact will be on you??..I recomend doing businness with the good guys,cause there are alout out there who deserve to be supported,versus the bad guys like Dan...

Old 04-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Keith N
I actually recieved some geckos from him with one a DOA. It was kind of in the corner of the cloth bag in a weird position. He gladly refunded the money on her without a problem.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
MikeCurtin
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience, and that's what the BOI is for. Please keep us posted as to it's continued condition, and hopefully it will remain an alert and healthy captive.

As many of us know, however, it is not in the good dealings that a dealer's ethics are exhibited, but rather in the bad ones. Again, good luck.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by boalove View Post
Nope, I am a woman, and I live across the country from him. Why, do I sound like Dan?

If anyone is having a hard time believing that Dan made a honest to god, great 100% healthy delivery of a Nile Monitor, I will gladly share my UPS tracking number and emails...Because I believe this man is a good man with a bad rep. And I am VERY happy that I listened to my gut instead of the negative rep.

He was a great to work with, had great customer service and I will work with him in the future if I decide to expand my Monitor collection. Thanks.
It's not that anyone thinks you are lying it's just difficult to believe the Dan you are describing is the same we have seen here time and time again. Maybe Dan is finally turning over a new leaf. Short of Dan starting new medications though I don't know how to explain your pleasant experience with Dan you described.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Matt K
I don't know Dan, and have read the numerous negative reviews *after* I made a purchase from him a long while back. Since my experience was a positive one, I bought some various lizards and geckos from him several times since strictly by email. Only had a problem one time from shipping in the extreme cold and he sent me a replacement. Some people are convinced he is permanately gone wrong, but my purchases from him have been pretty professional, cut and dried transactions with zero hassles. If he advertises something else I am interested in I would buy from him again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!