Info Watch out I got screwed BY Corsi Morphs - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by python princess View Post
lets see Im in Cali and he is in CT I have been trying to contact him for days those where just the 2 emails that I could post so there is a time difference there. I am not trying to be a bitch but after 3 days of being ignored IM PISSED!!
Your email to him said you wanted a refund because of the weather. He must have thought you were a madwoman. You bid on the auction knowing about the weather, and all of a sudden that's the reason for a refund?

If you had told the truth, maybe you could have gotten the snake swapped out. But the weather? How was he supposed to respond to that?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #42
hhmoore
I tried to post shortly after this thread got restarted, but my phone didn't let it happen.

Now that a refund is coming, my previous statements don't matter a whole lot, but I'll toss out some of the highlights.

Auction sales are generally "final". You changing your mind because you decided to investigate doesn't give you any right to a refund.
Personally, I would probably give the refund because it isn't worth the aggravation (that comes with the understanding that I will never deal with you again, btw); BUT, I fully understand that sometimes lines need to be drawn, and policies need to be upheld...as such, I could support the decision to hold you to the purchase as easily as the decision to refund your money.
Did you never consider WHY a desert yellowbelly female would sell for a fraction of the price of a desert yellowbelly male? Did you bid without being aware of pricing? Desert females and combos sell for crap; and I've seen combos given away with various males, just to get rid of them. I considered purchasing a desert female (maybe it was a desert YB?) when people were just dropping them to $1000 - I took a quick look, and easily found that there were issues...and at that time, most people were still being positive about something being figured out to get them to produce.

The only negative comment I had toward Mr Corsi was regarding him having your money and the animal. That was unacceptable, and he needed to correct the situation. If there was a legitimate reason for delay, he needed to contact you and communicate it.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #43
womsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by python princess View Post
I never said he was a bad guy I was just really really mad that he was not returning any communications with me!!! And that he was not upfront about the breeding issues. But I never never said he was a bad guy and I posted this as a INFO thread.
But the title of this thread is "Watch out I got screwed BY Corsi Morphs"

Old 08-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
Good to see this is resolved but the best part of all this is the people who want to justify a seller not disclosing any and all drawbacks to an animal -Seems like a nice group of people to never do business with.
to me anyone knowingly not disclosing such defects are no better than scammers in my book.
I don't think many are arguing the disclosure, and even so, it is obviously too opinionated of a discussion for the BOI. I think most are concerned about the knee jerk reaction of the buyer and unsupported claims of neglect.

I'm still curious as to why this issue, that was of great importance, was never brought to the seller. It kinda of kills her point. Either the seller, or the viewers of Fauna, were a victim of deceit. Either the desert infertility was a tool to work our emotions, or she lied to the seller.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #45
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
Good to see this is resolved but the best part of all this is the people who want to justify a seller not disclosing any and all drawbacks to an animal -Seems like a nice group of people to never do business with.
to me anyone knowingly not disclosing such defects are no better than scammers in my book.
I agree. However, the disclosure of breeding issues with the Desert gene is a bit of a gray area. A strong case could be made for either side. It'd be great if all dealers had the integrity to fully disclose the inherent genetic flaws. However, there's something to be said for the idea that people should actively take steps to really know what they're buying into. My bigger issue with the whole thing is the rush defend the seller while seemingly completely discounting the lack of communication, assuming that the OP's claims aren't fabricated. How long does someone go with no correspondance before they feel like maybe they've been taken for a ride?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #46
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
How long does someone go with no correspondance before they feel like maybe they've been taken for a ride?
Less than eight hours

Old 08-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #47
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Less than eight hours
You're only seeing what you want to see, apparently. The 8 hour timeline only seems to apply to the time between her LAST communication attempt, and the posting of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by python princess
So during our phone conversation he told me to contact him the following week to set up delivery well he wont return my calls

Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #48
reticguy76
My opinion, is that 24 hours or so is a good amount of time from time of initial contact regarding an issue, assuming you can provide the time/date of initial contact (either with response or no response). If either no response or no action has been taken in 24 hours from time of initial contact, then I feel its appropriate to make it public. Also, letting them know that should this not be handled or kept in contact, it will be taken to the public, via boi, facebook, etc. Most of the time, they will respond and try to come to an aggrement, since the boi and facebook are such huge traffic areas of watchful eyes.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #49
reticguy76
This is why I rarely call. There isnt really any proof of calls (unless you post a copy of the phone call history), texts, emails, letters even, are much better and easier to provide proof of communication (unfortunately its what this world has come to, not someones word, but we have to document in writing every single thing we do or get these days. Damn shame, but it is what it is)

Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #50
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
My opinion, is that 24 hours or so is a good amount of time from time of initial contact regarding an issue, assuming you can provide the time/date of initial contact (either with response or no response). If either no response or no action has been taken in 24 hours from time of initial contact, then I feel its appropriate to make it public. Also, letting them know that should this not be handled or kept in contact, it will be taken to the public, via boi, facebook, etc. Most of the time, they will respond and try to come to an aggrement, since the boi and facebook are such huge traffic areas of watchful eyes.
That's a double-edge sword. It's just as likely, that had she done that, some would be quick to view it as a threat, and bash her for that, too. The timeline is a bit hazy, but by my interpretation of things, it's been over a week since she had any communication, yet some people want to ignore that, and only focus on the fact that she only waited 8 hours after her last failed attempt to communicate, before posting on the BOI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!