Bad Guy Jay of Franken Chams - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #91
sho220
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtledan77 View Post
Jay has said he's done posting about five times then he just comes right back and keeps going. It's the last word syndrome. I've seen many business deals and marriages fall apart because of it. He wants so badly to convince everybody that his actions and words are justified that he just keeps digging the hole deeper. Jay, we don't know each other but trust me on this. Just walk away and stop adding fuel to the flames.
True. I'm still not sure who's right or wrong here, but I do know that I pretty much hate Jay...

Old 06-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #92
Chris Anderson
Jay,

I have no doubt that you took the potential of the original poster's allegation to damage your business and reputation seriously, however I don't think you have taken the potential safety issue associated with that allegation seriously for a second! You've belittled the original poster from the start with your abrasive, rude, offensive and insult laden remarks, casting aside all of his claims without the slightest hint of an attempt to get to the bottom of the situation in a professional manner. While you have stated that you are going to act on your product design to avoid these issues in the future, every indication you've made has been that this is simply to avoid what you in essence describe as fraud and stupidity from customers. I never once saw you exhibit a single shred of concern about whether there could be any weight to the potential scenario outlined by the original poster, even when I showed you the math to prove that it may not be as far fetched and ridiculous as you have made it out to be. Instead, you have kept to throwing insults and berating anyone and everyone who sought additional information, and attempted to remain objective and evaluate the situation impartially. No one here would ever say that a business owner should not stand up for themselves in the face of false, baseless or unreasonable accusations, but how you do so says volumes about who you are as a person and business. Such instances should be handled professionally, and you have failed to show any level of professionalism at any point during this issue. You can call it humor all you want, but what I saw was rude, offensive, abrasive, insult laden, unprofessional and downright cowardly remarks from someone trying to intimidate a customer into submission rather than address and evaluate their concerns. That is why, despite my assessment that the incident that started this thread was an accident you shouldn't be held responsible for, I would never do business with you or recommend you or your products to anyone, and you are to thank for that, not the original poster.

Chris

Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #93
tkevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
... even when I showed you the math to prove that it may not be as far fetched and ridiculous as you have made it out to be.
Actually, even more so, given that the numbers I gave were for a magnet in solid contact to another magnet or steel plate for it's entire surface area. His internal magnets only contact the steel branches on the small radius of the branch. I wonder if he used a pull gage to show the force needed to dislodge a branch from the magnet, what that reading would be.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #94
Chris Anderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkevan View Post
Actually, even more so, given that the numbers I gave were for a magnet in solid contact to another magnet or steel plate for it's entire surface area. His internal magnets only contact the steel branches on the small radius of the branch. I wonder if he used a pull gage to show the force needed to dislodge a branch from the magnet, what that reading would be.
Small branch radius and from the looks of it, coated, which would further decrease the pull and depending on the thickness, possibly substantially so.

Chris

Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #95
WebSlave
Sigh.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Sick
Hello i was wondering why that when you Google search Jay of franken chams and or jay sick franken chams or any related sequence of words. On the first page of Google My Boi comes up with a THREAD TITLED bAD GUY jAY OF FRANKEN CHAMS but none of the positive threads that were written come up. In all reality i want this thread removed and would like to know the process to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Beats me. I have no control over how Google manages their business. There are people trying to make SEO based businesses out of trying to figure that one out. You will have to bring that up with them.

Regardless, threads are not deleted from this site. It's been that way here since the beginning, and not likely to change.

Rich Z.
Quote:
Well this is infringing on business and I have no desire to allow this to remain on your site. I will be contacting a lawyer who will take care of this matter legally. This is absurd that this comes up on the first google page and that none of the positive does I am aware of how google works and how to code for search optimization. Which leads me to believe that someone on fauna,`s end helps these negative threads become more searchable. I have done nothing but help better my chameleon community and ill be dammed if a classified site is gonna taint that. I had interest in being a site sponsor but not if this is how things operate on here. Who gives any of these people on these boi threads the right to judge a non fact non controlled situation atleast if you had a volunteer judge panel of credited people it would be more fair but this is just a free for all of people some who just got into reptiles yesterday taunting and trashing people. It may do good for some but not innocent peoples reputation.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #96
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Sick View Post
Lucille i take it all back your my new best friend keep searching my name on google And my vids as this will boost my internet score in search engines mmmwah I love u
Quote:
Hello i was wondering why that when you Google search Jay of franken chams and or jay sick franken chams or any related sequence of words. On the first page of Google My Boi comes up with a THREAD TITLED bAD GUY jAY OF FRANKEN CHAMS
Love is SO fickle. A few months ago you were entranced at the prospect that this thread and the video I linked would come up often enough to boost your 'score', and now you don't want anyone to see it.

The thrill is gone

Old 09-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #97
Guy Castro
Now that is some funny sh*********t!

Old 09-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #98
tkevan
Quote:
Who gives any of these people on these boi threads the right to judge a non fact non controlled situation
That would be the site owners that give the community that right, correct?

If he decides to actually file a suit, he would need to do some of the testing we suggested, like determine the grade magnets he has used, and do some actual pull tests. Something he probably should have done to start with.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #99
Bobby Douglass
I wonder what Jay's future prospective customers will think about him wanting to sue just to keep them from being able to gather information from them? Your lawyer is going to fail Jay, just like all the ones before.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #100
EmeraldBoid
Bad guy threads get more views and more replies, thus Google sees it as more "relevant"/"significant", at least that's how I understand it from reading. If Jay wants to out match it then all he has to do is call on his customer base to start hitting up his good guy threads...of course said customers would have to go a long with the request.

Magnets...whatever happened to a drill and a screw?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!