Bad Guy Michael Gentry (Scam artist) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #91
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I'm pretty sure Lance knows that threads and posts can't be deleted here. Thus making the OPs story a bit mushy.
That could be part of the strategy. In return for a promise, request the improbable. Receive only the probable. Maintain that one is not fulfilling the promise because the improbable was not received.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #92
mfsidore
Yes it's a real account, I don't know his to prove but it is. What did I blow? I'm just trying to warn others and get my stuff back. That is it. That is all. I was sure it was who you stated because I don't know any scammers off the top of my head, I then said I'm not sure because like I said I don't know.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #93
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Also Nickolas, if it was Lance, why would he hold the snakes hostage with regard to a thread that was not in his name?
If it is and his scamming by that or another identity runs the risk of being compromised, he might not want to have to reinvent a new scamming conduit (the alternate/false identity being the conduit) that has demonstrably delivered on his goal.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #94
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsidore View Post
What did I blow?
You destroyed your credibility.

Quote:
I'm just trying to warn others and get my stuff back..
No - you WERE trying to warn people. That stopped when you thought you had a chance of recovering your animals. You and your partner then participated in a lie which could have helped that person scam others. Would that have even registered on your conscience if you read another thread about him scanning somebody else?

Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #95
mfsidore
Here the thing. I Michael F. Sidore never said the person lance Owens , or whoever it is was good.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #96
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowheadreptiles View Post
Hello I am Alex madafferi Michael Sidores friend. I am in the snake business with him and we have just found Michael gentry is not a scammer and he actually is a really nice guy. Mike isn't home right now he went on vacation and will be back soon to delete this post
Your PARTNER seemed to like him. I'm done with this thread. For now.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #97
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsidore
Because I MICHAEL SIDORE would lie about getting my snakes back, that makes sense.
It doesn't make sense...but it's exactly what you did.
You may not have come here yourself to say he was good...but you did state that you confirmed that it wasn't Lance, and you didn't dispute your partner's statement.
Did you put Arrowhead up to that post? Or did he think it up himself (I could cut him some slack either way - he's young enough to think it was a good idea)
What about the "not Lance" thing? Did you decide that yourself; or did the guy with your snakes want you to convey that message?

I'm sorry you got scammed. Hopefully, you learned a couple of lessons from all this.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #98
LauraB
Perhaps the OP is really, really young, naïve and has little experience in the hobby.

Perhaps Lance and his brother have LOTS of experience scamming, lying, stealing from unsuspecting customers and even offering phony "dead" snake photos, complete with fake "blood".
I briefly bought into that crap back then even!

Perhaps Lance and his family members are adapt at creating fake names, phone #'s, accounts and ID's, and as soon as a connection was made here relative to the Bristol location, the OP got the first threatening texts/emails to delete the thread or offer "proof" it was NOT Lance Owens involved, lest his snakes be slaughtered or not returned. Makes perfect sense.

Perhaps the OP, in his youth and naiveté and as a newb really didn't think clearly about his credibility or posts here, knowing he'd really screwed up and gotten screwed in the process. Perhaps he bowed to pressure and threats by those who are accustomed to regularly using those tactics to intimidate victims they've scammed. Perhaps in his youth he knew his parents would be really p'd off!

I'll betcha I got shoes older than the OP. Age may not be an excuse, but naiveté and trust up against practiced lies, deceit and theft? Sometimes it makes kids desperate to make it right without thinking about the long-term consequences.

My bet is now with the OP and I would rather teach than skewer a young hobbyist/enthusiast.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:40 AM   #99
hhmoore
Unless the OP chooses to confirm it (if he can); the identity of the other party is unknown. We may believe it to be Lance Owens; but that hasn't yet been shown to be the case.

He's not really, really young - at least not according to his registration - but that doesn't mean he isn't naive. I'm old enough to call him a kid, though; so I will. The OP - "this kid" - has made bad decision after bad decision on this deal. That doesn't change the fact that he was the "victim"; but I don't have much tolerance for foolishness or lies. Unless he lied about his age, he's old enough for a virtual smack in the head to wake him up...and probably overdue for it.
There are several things he could/should learn from this debacle...whether he does or not is largely up to him.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #100
Robert Walker
Wow, got off the thread yesterday on page 4 and came back today to page 10. I couldn't even make this stuff up, great read for the start of the day...

...mysterious people, suspense, pages of lies, law enforcement,

Here is a red chiclet for wasting everyone's time. Just be truthful in the future and you can probably turn that around someday.

Several people have asked for the scammers real identity, or at least what you have, that would be a good start to repairing yourself on this forum. If you really got scammed, your snakes are GONE, now you have a chance to do something about it and go on the offensive instead.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!