For Sale juvenile ghost corn: Kathy Love special naples blood line - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
whitneybtutor
juvenile ghost corn: Kathy Love special naples blood line

This young corn snake was sold to me at a reptile show in Raleigh, NC by the well known corn snake breeder and expert Kathy Love. He is part of her special naples bloodline of ghost corns. He would be great for breeding purposes. His genetics are registered on the American Cornsnake Registry, the number is on the original container I purchased him in.
He is about two years old but small for his age. I do not feed my snakes as much as other people because I do not want them to become obese and I do not breed them. Please note that the picture is about a year and a half old, he is a bit larger now. This snake is in excellent health, he has never refused to eat and is relatively docile. He could use more handling, as I do not handle him that much. He would make an excellent pet for a first time snake owner or an experienced breeder looking to add some amazing genetics to their breeding projects.
I am also selling a 29 gallon aquarium for him, as well as a water bowl, light, hide log, and branch for him to climb on. If you buy the whole setup I will include some large frozen pinkies to feed him. Please email me if you have questions. I do not ship any animals or supplies. I live in central NC and can meet someone at a reasonable distance for pick up.
snake: $65
29 gallon aquarium: $45
light, water bowl, hide log, branch: $25
Whitney Tutor; whitneybtutor@hotmail.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Alex G
How often do you feed him?

Old 01-21-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
Sandy71emt
So, he is still only eating pinkies at two years old? Even if you feed him once a week; an average sized 2 year old should be eating at least a hopper.
These snakes stay relatively small on even a larger diet. I understand if you didn't want to breed them, but you must feed them something other than pinkies.
Too bad I don't live closer. He needs a better home.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
whitneybtutor
I did not post this add to get comments on husbandry. I am aware of all of this, although he eats several pinkies at the time which is better than just one. However, I know that he needs larger prey and I cannot afford to get him any. The time and money involved is why I am selling all of my snakes to someone who can take better care of them than me. I am trying to do the most responsible thing I can by finding them a new home with someone who can devote more time and money to them. So I do not need someone sitting there telling me I am a bad person for not taking care of my snakes when I am aware that I should be taking better care of them but lack the means to.
If you would like to give my corn snake better care than I can provide please contact me. If not please remember that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
Thanks.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Sandy71emt
Constructive criticism. If you took it that I was being mean; than I am sorry. It was not intended whatsoever. Something about the statement not wanting him to get obese just didn't add up. Everyone from time to time may have to feed smaller than optimal sized prey while in a bind, or whatever reason; just not for a couple years. Again, I am very sorry for offending you. Like a stated before, I wish I lived closer, because I would be glad to help you out. If you truly can't afford to feed him, I could send you some frozen mice until you get him sold.
I never said you were a bad person, and I don't think you are, I was confused as to why. Now that you have stated more, it is completely understandable. So sorry.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
LynneaS
Still available?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
whitneybtutor
yes he is still available
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
LynneaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneybtutor View Post
yes he is still available
Do you have any more photos of him? You can reply to lynnea@snakesphere.com if you would like.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
MMA_Fanatic976
no a two year old snake should be eating a fully grown mouse. not a pinky.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneybtutor View Post
I did not post this add to get comments on husbandry. I am aware of all of this, although he eats several pinkies at the time which is better than just one. However, I know that he needs larger prey and I cannot afford to get him any. The time and money involved is why I am selling all of my snakes to someone who can take better care of them than me. I am trying to do the most responsible thing I can by finding them a new home with someone who can devote more time and money to them. So I do not need someone sitting there telling me I am a bad person for not taking care of my snakes when I am aware that I should be taking better care of them but lack the means to.
If you would like to give my corn snake better care than I can provide please contact me. If not please remember that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
Thanks.
You didn't have enough money in two years of owning him to purchase the correct size mouse? Pinks will not provide the calcium and other nutrients a subadult needs. You've likely permanently stunted and given health problems to this beautiful snake because of your own delusions about fat animals, and I dearly hope he goes to a responsible person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!