Does anyone else despise winter? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #21
WebSlave
It looks like the first week of 2018 is going to be pretty chilly.

So when are the global change chicken littles going to start claiming that an impending ice age is breathing down our necks like they did in the '70s?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ng-scare-myth/

SAVE US, OH MIGHTY WORLD GOVERNMENT, SAVE US!!!

Old 01-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #22
WebSlave
Yeah, this week is going to be brutal for north Florida. Wind blew off some of the tarps last night, so hopefully those trees didn't sustain any damage. Low temp last night on the front porch was either 28 or 29.5 degrees, depending on whichever of the min/max temp sensors are accurate. They are both side by side in the same spot, so perhaps even one of them is actually accurate.

Thursday is looking like it is going to be the coldest night this week. Daytime high today barely got to 43 degrees. I know the rest of the country up north is experiencing much worse, but for us folks with "Florida blood" this is bad enough.

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I HATE cold weather!

Old 01-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #23
Scootter
LOL, It was 9 degrees when I took the kids to School. One of my Fords lost the water pump, another has charging issues and my shop is full of half built snake cages so I have to do repairs in my driveway. Oh and my Hot tub is out of commission so I can't even soak and get my joints freed up. I'm running a heater in my garage to keep my rats and mice warm. I've got tons of mice but I just can't get the damn rats to breed.

What's really bumming me out is that I have two burms waiting for warmer temps to be shipped in. One is coming in from Cali and the other from Wyoming. And with night time lows in the teens for the foreseeable future I'm not going to be seeing tracking numbers for a while.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #24
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootter View Post

What's really bumming me out is that I have two burms waiting for warmer temps to be shipped in.
That's another problem with the weather here too - no shipping for a couple months, at least. Our forecast for the week. On a positive note though, crime rates go down when it's this cold. No one wants to be out car-jacking, mugging, and shooting people in these temps!
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2018, 03:00 AM   #25
WebSlave
Well, those kinds of temps would make it easy for the cops to get perps to stay put. Just haul them over to a metal railing or lamp post and stick their tongues to it. They WILL stay put unless they are willing to lose parts of their tongue!

Showing 29 degrees outside right now. We normally get about a half dozen or so nights around here in the Winter when temps will drop below freezing, but I cannot remember ever having a whole week straight of this kind of stuff.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #26
Scootter
This winter has not been to bad so far but it's far from over. We haven't had any snow to speak of and the temps haven't dipped below zero too often. So I'm not gonna grumble too loudly just yet.

On the other hand I just spotted another burm I need to add to my collection. So if I can raise the cash in time (This girl won't be on the market long) I'll have three out there waiting to be shipped.

It's a good thing I've started building my own cages...

Old 01-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #27
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Showing 29 degrees outside right now.
I feel bad for anyone vacationing in Florida, or anywhere "warm". I'd be so bummed if I had saved up for a trip, bought airfare and hotel, only to show up for Michigan temps!

Old 01-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I feel bad for anyone vacationing in Florida, or anywhere "warm". I'd be so bummed if I had saved up for a trip, bought airfare and hotel, only to show up for Michigan temps!
Yeah, I'm seeing that the golden finches finally arrived from up north to raid our bird feeders, and I'm guess that they are probably thinking they should have continued on further south this year.

Well one bright side to this. At least Connie and I aren't still living in Maryland and/or visiting Connie's family in Delaware... It looks like we would be getting snowed in today.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:55 AM   #29
Scootter
And my hate for winter deepens....

I now have 3 burms waiting at their respective breeders for temps to come up enough to get them shipped home. This is becoming an issue. It looks like I may have a window in a couple weeks when it will be warm enough to ship them.

If only the whackaloon global warming alarmist were right...

Old 01-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #30
bcr229
Since the onslaught of the bitterly cold weather I have become a cooking and baking fiend, with everything made from scratch.

Lasagna
Chocolate Cake
Banana Bread
French Toast Casserole
Beef Soup

Tonight is expected to be the coldest yet so I am doing a very slow-cook oven turkey using this recipe:
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...7?ftab=reviews

The house may be cold but I can at least make it smell good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!