Educating new Owners - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2006, 01:53 AM   #1
Milwaukee Reptiles
Educating new Owners

I was going through some of my google adsense info (checking for ads that may be out of line for my site) and I came across this gem: http://www.geckosecretsrevealed.com/

It's as bad as reading some of the kingnsnake posts. Now this post may be more appropriate for a BOI thread but since it relates exclusively to Leos I thought I'd post it here. Since the site is actively advertising, it must be fairly new. I guess I'm just still pissed off by people like this.

I thought this website could provide a stepping stone for discussion. What can we do to prevent people from falling for stuff like this? Is there anything we can do, and if so, should we do it? How do you all help educate first-time purchasers? I'd be interested in hearing general comments on education of new leopard gecko owners as well. I haven't seen the topic pop up often anywhere.

Some of my favorite quotes from the site...

Quote:
Are you making these six deadly (for your Gecko) mistakes?
Do you forget to change the UV lamp every several months?
Quote:
With this *proven* step...by...step process you'll now be able to tame your gecko in NOT years but only weeks. That's right we can guarantee that this secrets process will enable you to tame your gecko in just 30 days or... less.

Quote:
People might start calling you "The Leopard Gecko Whisperer" when they see how............... happy, healthy and loving and your gecko is!
Your Leopard gecko will be so relieved when he can finally feel 100% safe in your Protection because of the easy new training breakthrough.
I especially love the part about how loving and relieved your gecko will be...

Quote:
Teach you what to in every situation, how to keep your gecko alive and healthy for years and teach you the secret to create an instant loving bond between you and your gecko!

Old 03-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #2
perefalcon
wait, isn't it bad to use UV lighting?

Old 03-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
Milwaukee Reptiles
I don't believe it's necessarily bad, but its generally accepted that Leopard Geckos don't need any UV if properly supplimented. I added it as a quote since it seems like much more of a scare tactic than anything.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
o0 RYAN 0o
Wow...it's like an infomercial...only you have to do more reading. Either way it still makes me want to jab something into my eyes. I'll have some optimism and...hope it's a spoof.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
The Reptile House
Funny how the person even states that placing your gecko on sand can cause impaction but if you scroll down to where it shows the part where it comes with a guide that shows you all that you need, there is a pic of sand and a heat lamp!
I really like the gecko full proof trap! LOL what a joke. That was pretty funny, really sad but funny. Shanell.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
Otter_23
Customers have told us our price is too low. THis was good someone has been watching Ron popeil (sp?) to much.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
USAGECKOS
Is this an early April Fools joke????

My favorite was your last quote... the secret to create an instant loving bond between you and your gecko! ????

Sounds kind of CREEPY????

Old 03-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
dragonflame
If anyone had to write so much just to sell a "great" product it couldn't be as good as they say it is. If it was really good the advertising would prolly be a lot better, half of the words aren't even spelled right.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
houdini1
Educating new owners

I think they have on for Ball Pythons too. I was looking for another BP and came across it. Is it like and ebook?

Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #10
The NY Gecko
Would anyone take offense if I chased them down and labeled their foreheads with the word fool with a branding iron???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!