Bad Guy Beeger Boxes - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #31
grimmassjenkins
Lucille love the post, I hope it is a wake up call cause I think they have a great product.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #32
grimmassjenkins
Thanks for the support, I will post again when this is resolved.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #33
Herpguy11
It seems to be a pattern that whenever somebody owes another party a large sum of money they mysteriously have something go wrong in their life and want everybody to feel bad for them.
I hope this issue gets resolved for you, and it would help greatly if the company even took the time to respond on here.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #34
grimmassjenkins
Thanks

Old 03-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #35
Jeff Godbold
I was looking at ordering from them. I'm glad I saw this post because it saved me future headache.

The most important point in the prior 4 pages is the prior poster that states they should be making cages, taking care of existing customers instead of "drumming up new business." That says it all right there. If you can't handle the business you already have, you absolutely won't be prepared for the future business. It will continue to be over their heads until their reputation is unsalvageable...

Old 03-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #36
dieselfan
Just to clarify.They are not just drumming up new customers at shows. They sell complete racks and animals at the shows they attend. I have personally seen this at the Atlanta Repticon and the Dixie reptile show yesterday. Hopefully you get sorted out quick Chad.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #37
grimmassjenkins
Thank you

Old 03-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #38
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
Just to clarify.They are not just drumming up new customers at shows. They sell complete racks and animals at the shows they attend. I have personally seen this at the Atlanta Repticon and the Dixie reptile show yesterday. Hopefully you get sorted out quick Chad.
And if someone asks them to build something they don't have at the show they are going to say sorry no, I have to build for my existing customers. Maybe but somehow I doubt they would turn a new order down. Also, how is it that they have completed cages and/or racks to sell at the shows and they can't seem to get Chad's cage done that he ordered months ago.

Sorry, it doesn't fly with me. The animals sure, I can understand that. I think most cage builders are, or at least were, into the livestock end of it as well but I still don't see how they can have completed racks for sale unless they have had them built for three months and they were just lying around.

The very next nail or screw or or whatever they use to build their cages with should be for Chad's cage (unless they have older orders backed up) and not to replace their stock to sell at the next show.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #39
dieselfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
And if someone asks them to build something they don't have at the show they are going to say sorry no, I have to build for my existing customers. Maybe but somehow I doubt they would turn a new order down. Also, how is it that they have completed cages and/or racks to sell at the shows and they can't seem to get Chad's cage done that he ordered months ago.

Sorry, it doesn't fly with me. The animals sure, I can understand that. I think most cage builders are, or at least were, into the livestock end of it as well but I still don't see how they can have completed racks for sale unless they have had them built for three months and they were just lying around.

The very next nail or screw or or whatever they use to build their cages with should be for Chad's cage (unless they have older orders backed up) and not to replace their stock to sell at the next show.
This is the very reason I commented. A bit odd that they have racks AND animals to sell at shows and are generating cash but cannot make good with a customer that has paid in full.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 AM   #40
PitcherPlantation
I had a negative experience with them as well. I bought a rack from them at the November Repticon Columbia and did not notice at the time that one of the shelves was spaced incorrectly (1/8" gap when their posted spec is 1/16"). Doesn't seem like much of a difference but it was enough to allow an escape. They ignored my first several attempts to get in touch, accused me of leaving the tub slid out, told me Pueblan milk snakes could not be contained in racks, claimed there was no excessive gap until I showed them photo proof with both micrometers and a 1/8" glass sheet sliding freely in the gap, claimed that nobody in the industry uses lidless racks for snakes, and then accused me of lying about the snake escaping. They eventually offered to exchange the rack but only if I drive my old one to them in Greenville, roughly a 200 mile round trip for me.

Thankfully I found the escapee after about a week and at that point I gave up on trying to deal with Debby and Ross, built my own escape-proof racks and moved things around so that my larger snakes were in theirs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!