$400 I Did Not Want To Spend - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #11
Fedawg
Bill , thats what you get for buying American crap

Old 06-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
Bill , thats what you get for buying American crap
I'm going to resist the temptation to address that comment, as it is
Sorry to hear you lost a couple to the heat, Michael. We had a few hot ones here too, and my AC (only a year old) didn't seem to be doing the job. I think I kept the woma eggs safe, but the bull, greyband, sinaloan, and albino nelsons definitely got overheated...time will tell.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
kmurphy
And I always thought it was so easy to keep reptiles in the south. All you had to do was build a cage, feed them and wait for babies to pop out.
I never figured on air conditioning. In Maine I have to heat my snake room all year. I don't use as much oil in the winter though.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
Griz
Hmmm....I guess I should count my lucky stars. Here in Illinois it's in the 80-90's but I still have my heater on in my snake room. My house is kept on 72 but since the rooms that I keep my animals in are downstairs in the basement, my snake room would be in the low 60's if I did not heat it. Who would have thought I would be heating my house in the middle of June?

Griz

Michael, I hope you did not lose the albino!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #15
Junkyard
Oh no, I did not lose her or her brother, those little eating machines are way too strong and getting big.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #16
John Cherry
Word To the Wise

Sorry to hear about your loss of the animals. It really sucks and I can identify completely. Several years ago we had a heating/cooling unit that had a thermostat stick on hot and cooked about 3/4 of our collection. It amounted to about 425 animals lost. The unit was only three years old and had been serviced by a professional about three weeks prior to the incident. Since that time we installed a new unit with a double fail safe thermostat that shuts down the entire unit when the tempetures within the building dip too low or exceed a certain height. Additionally we installed a window unit as a back up to the main unit. As a final fail safe we installed a beeper alert system in case we are away from home when it ever malfucntions again.

The temps inside the snake house were in excess of 100 when I got home after being gone for about 18 hours on a field trip with the hot air being pumped in plus the outside temps that day were in the mid 90's. It was a major cluster @#$* to say the least. I strongly suggest you install a double thermostat on the unit to prevent this from happening. Every year we hear about several of these incidents and thought we had it covered with the large unit in the building. We didn't and it costs a lot of really neat animals to die and untold heartache for us.

Again sorry for your loss and I hope it never happens again.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #17
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
To replace my clutch, I am looking at the $700 price vicinity
Your in Southern California where everything costs more......you might want to put aside a little more money for when you need that clutch.

My Hyundai is getting a new clutch right now~ they wanted $1300~ I threw a fit and started calling around for a better price. Best price I found was $975 from a guy I didn't really trust. Place I settled on I'm paying $1100 for a clutch~ car should be done tonight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!