*** Classified ads enhancement *** - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:35 AM   #11
HerpVenue
If you post it ....they will come

Members: 9,565, Threads: 20,558, Posts: 100,045
800-1000 members log in everyday.

Then there are the HUNDREDS of "guests" who do not bother logging in............and I mean HUNDREDS.

It is now 2:35 am EST
There are currently 40 members and 53 guests on the boards. Most users ever online was 271 on 04-28-2004 at 10:46 PM. <------this part is on line at the same time. But we get over 1000 members and guest looking here everyday. As a matter of fact. There seems to be about the same number of guests (sometimes more) that are logged on as there are members.

So if we get 800-1000 members a day. We probably get over 2000 people logging on. A DAY

Old 05-02-2004, 03:39 AM   #12
WebSlave
Actually, recently we have been averaging between 5,000 and 7,000 unique IP addresses per day on this site. Since AOL and othes will share IP addresses via proxy servers, I think the number of actual unique individuals visiting could be MUCH higher than that figure.

Of course, some of those visitors are actually search engine spiders. This site gets heavily searched for the search engines and is getting a substantial number of people coming here via search engine queries.

And this is just the beginning. Ponder this for a moment: Whenever you read a thread on this site, you are seeing 5 messages at a time displayed on the page. So in effect, the hit counters are logging only one hit for every 5 messages read. Now, take a look at another site that is using a different method of discussion forum viewing where EACH message is on a separate page. The so-called "threaded forum messages display". To read those same 5 messages in a thread would generate 5 hits on the site's hit counter. So in effect, everything else being equal, that other site would be showing 5 times the hits that this site is, even though there could be the same number of viewers reading those messages.

Not only that, but it is obvious that the general discussion forums are severely under utilized here. So where are all of the people going that come to this site? Well, check out the "Who's Online" display every now and again. Most are either here on the BOI or browsing the classifieds sections. And since the unregistered viewers cannot come to the BOI, guess where most of them are spending their time? Yep. In the classifieds.

Throughout April we had between 15 and 36 NEW registered members PER DAY here.

We are bringing the people to this site, folks. It's up to you to give them the stuff to think about buying by putting your merchandise into the classifieds section.

Well, I think I'm doing my part, but what about you?

Old 05-02-2004, 03:54 AM   #13
robin d.
rich juist to let you know............. just the other day i had a lady contact me about an animal........... she called me from TN and found my ad through your site..................... i advertise on fauna and in fact i have a link to here on my availible page as well as my links page
i sold a seven lot of babies in a day here... and got several other responses. and as soon as i have more anmals availible i plan on buyting up some real estate on here...................... i receiently just my site which is very basic and i have your fauna banner hit thingie on it and shoot im holding my own................. not in the top 50 but not the last 50 either............... and its all trafic mainly from here since... i do not post very much at the other site........... shoot and thats just my POS site..................
i like fauna alot and it works for me so yes you are doing things right,

shoot if just one or two larger scale breeders would post here soley it could make a big change... or some of the larger ones post here exclusevely.................... i kn0ow for some its hard breaking a habbit but probably very well worth it............
i know i only post here justyn as well as a few other using this site exclusevely... just need a few larger name breeders to break the norm hehe....... i dunno just my thoughts

Old 05-02-2004, 11:18 AM   #14
WebSlave
I agree, Robin.

I think some of the larger scale advertisers need to look at the long term picture here.....

Just my opinion of future trends, of course. But the writing appears to be on the wall.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:02 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
dude once you lock it through your uaser control panel
you are SOL cuz you cant unlock it i tried through admin options and everything
My programmer did this fix the eloquent way. Now in your classified ad management screen, the clickable option to LOCK a thread is a toggle switch. When you LOCK an ad, the link changes to UNLOCK, so you can unlock it back at will.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #16
robin d.
i saw that. thank you very much , oh beloved webslave

Old 05-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #17
WebSlave
Enhancement to the enhancement

My programmer just added in the capability for users to directly POST ads from the classified ads control panel display. You simply use the drop down selection list to select the section you want to post your ad into, and you are taken directly there so you can post your new ad.

Try it out and see what you think about it.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:13 AM   #18
WebSlave
WELL???

How is this control panel working for you all?

Anyone even using it?

This is a feedback forum, so GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK! Please!

Old 05-06-2004, 01:38 AM   #19
dwedeking
Works great. Cleaned up a lot of stuff that was extremely old that I would never had found (but I'm sure someoneelse would have and wanted to know why I still had the ad up if it was sold).

The bump feature works great as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!