Shannon Reese!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Bureau of Missing Persons

Notices

Bureau of Missing Persons With the number of messages I have to move from someone trying to locate another, I guess this forum is needed. Please use it for that purpose.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #11
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias47
Where are you from in Wisconsin?
What animals are you working with?
Do you have a website?

Just curious...always nice to meet herpers FAIRLY local to me...even if you are North of the Border
Oh come on, you could have just searched my name on the white pages...j/k
I'm in Madison and currently am working with mostly corn snakes (about 75 I think) but I also have a few other ratsnakes like yellows, grays, russians, diones, and emorys. I have 5 pair of adult emorys and about a dozen yearlings that will start the albino project hopefully next year. I actually prefer them somewhat to the corns just because they're a lot less finicky about eating (even the boys during breeding season) and they're not quite as squirrely. I am also starting an African Fat Tail project with amels and hets from a couple different breeders so that I can cross the lines and avoid too much inbreeding. I hope to have enough $ at the end of the year from the corns to pick up just a few (yeah right) bps, since right now I only have 1.2 normal adults. I decided to set a goal with the bps, and I hope to make albino pieds. Years ago when I lived on the farm we raised 1000s of birds... mostly cockatiels, so I got a GREAT lesson in genetics. I haven't seen any, but I don't see why it would be impossible to comine the melanin mutation of ablinos with the pattern mutation of piebalds. At least with bps you don't have to worry about certain mutations being sex-linked like with cockatiels.

I'm down in the chicago area once in a while, but the tolls are just killing my budget

My website is currently on hold until my kid brother graduates h.s. I know that might sound a little lame, but he's already a techie at Eaton corp. and knows more about computers than I ever could. Hopefully we'll have a better start on it in a few weeks. He designed the logo (my avatar) and set up frames, but that's it so far

How about you? What are you working with? I haven't been on this site that long, so I don't recognize that many posters...

Old 05-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
PaulSage
By the way, I'm glad it looks like you found your friend. I hope he doesn't mind having his info posted on this site...

Old 05-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
Alias47
Well...albino pieds is a project that I have in its EXTREME infancy right now!!

I have 5 pairs of various corns...and an extra male...or two...as well as a pair of het albino BP's...a pair of CH Normals (look like yellow bellies, but who knows yet?) a het pied male...a female normal almost breeding size...
A pair of Thayer's Kings...
A pastel BCI...
I have het albino BCI and a normal (to go with the pastel) coming...
As well as a pair of Hog Islands bci...

and a trio of Dumeril's boas...

Will have womas this summer...

Kind of a lot of different stuff...but I like working with ALL of them...just can't bring myself to work with a couple of limited species...LOL

I will also be getting a pastel BP next season...so pastel pieds will also be in the works...and possibly axanthic...if I can afford some GOOD axanthic bloodlines...

I have a website...but it has been the same UNDER CONSTRUCTION page for quite some time...haven't gotten around to learning HTML as well as I would like...LOL

I probably won't have any animals available until sometime next year...and only a couple then...
2007 and 2008 will be much bigger years for me...and by 2010...I should be well established...
Got to look at the big picture...and not the short term...everything I have has been raised, by me, from hatchling size...

Old 05-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #14
Alias47
He won't mind...

Funny thing...he has actually been looking for me as well...haven't seen each other in 6 or 7 years!!

He's the guy that got me hooked on snakes in the first place...

While I was writing that last post...he called me back...
Had to get off the phone after half an hour...but he's coming with me to the Valpo, Indiana show this weekend...

Again, thank you...I had all but given up on the white pages...he said he moved recently...that must be what brought him back into the searches...

Very cool...

You ever make it down here for Lee's Reptile Swap?

Old 05-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #15
PaulSage
It's good to hear you're meeting up with your friend. I think going to the Valpo show would be a great way to catch up, especially given your common interests.
Actually, going to Lee's was the last time I was down there. About a month ago maybe. I had never been there, and heard it was pretty 'interesting'. I was glad to see a bunch of people that I knew, but it was SO crowded and there were little children running around everywhere. I didn't stay too long, and didn't buy anything either. I almost picked up a male albino bullsnake to go with my female, but changed my mind.
Not to pick on Lee's or anything, but I can see why baby turtles have such a bad rep when it comes to children and salmonella. I saw these two kids walking around eating cheetos, and then picking up baby turtles, and then putting their hand right back into the cheeto bag. NOT cool. I had never seen so many aquatic turtles before, especially babies, and I don't have anything against the vendors when it comes to that matter... it's the PARENTS of those children that had smoke coming out my ears.
And no, it's not for the reputation of the reptile industry as much as it is for the health of the kids. I HAD salmonella once, and it came pretty close to killing me, so to see kids exposed to the same potential source because their parents were so careless spoiled the experience for me. (by the way it was confirmed that I didn't get salmonella from any of my herps - it came from a restaurant I ate at the day before I got sick).
I hope to make it down to Lee's again some day, but I'm honestly still a little burned by what I encountered last time.
My plan with the albino pied project (or caramel albino pieds maybe) Is to pick up a male pied, a het pied female and 1 or 2 albino females. If I could find a piebald that was 100% het for albino (or vice versa) that would help, but I'm pretty skittish about shipping anything that costs more than $1k so I'll probably hope to get something locally from Garrick or Jim Stelpflug. I got a LOT of my first adult corn breeders from Jim, and he has helped me out immensley. I even picked up a few poss het fat tails from him at the Monona show last month. We'll see though. It kinda comes down to the $ because I don't want to even guess how much I have already wrapped up in my current reptiles and boaphile cages/racks, but I would like to see future purchases paid for by what I produce this year.
Good luck with your albino piebald projects, even if it is in EXTREME infancy. Maybe we'll have to do a little trading in future years to help each other out.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:44 PM   #16
plerphy
Derek

Yo man can't seem to find your number again, you need to give me a ring, need to find a home for my caiman still, gonna be moving soon and will not be able to take him with me , it sucks.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 AM   #17
PaulSage
Shannon, I sent you an email w/ Derek's cell number.

You guys should get walkie-talkies or something... that or learn smoke signals. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!