Inquiry Brandon Patterson <thecollectoroddities@gmail.com> - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Brandon Patterson <thecollectoroddities@gmail.com>

User name Nordic, there isn't any other info on him here on Fauna. No name, or location,?????Pretty sure he must live in California, he stated he found the albino hatching in his house.

I contacted him via PM, he emailed back at my request, in reference to an Albino Alligator Lizard.

He let me know, he had a standing offer of $5000 + $500 Credit, if I would like to offer more, he'd listen.

I'm curious if ANYONE knows, ANYTHING about him, good, bad, or indifferent?

Would appreciate any info.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 03-13-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
I asked about the same animal out of curiosity and asked for a price. I (always) have other places where funds should go, but was debating it due to the novelty it would represent to me as a project (it is pretty cool). He responded with talk of offers and the like. Amounts discussed were fine, but my experiences with other people using this system where the invisible "other guy" (who sometimes or often does not really exist) is countering to ratchet up the price have left me with little tolerance for the games involved. I was turned off right away by the style or design of the offer system rather than any other factor, so I did not pursue further without an actual price. It seems invariable that some of the real offers will be made in response to imaginary ones and that does not instill me with the best of feelings. More power to the seller for getting as much as he can from a willing buyer and more power to the eventual buyer for being able to land an animal he or she is aiming to obtain, but I stopped dealing with this kind of headache roughly half a decade ago based in the reasoning I provided above.

I had never heard of him before either, but there are probably lots of good people out there that I am confident I do not know of, so I cannot damn or praise that bit.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
User name Nordic, there isn't any other info on him here on Fauna. No name, or location,?????Pretty sure he must live in California, he stated he found the albino hatching in his house.

I contacted him via PM, he emailed back at my request, in reference to an Albino Alligator Lizard.

He let me know, he had a standing offer of $5000 + $500 Credit, if I would like to offer more, he'd listen.

I'm curious if ANYONE knows, ANYTHING about him, good, bad, or indifferent?

Would appreciate any info.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Brandon,
Called me tonight, he lives in California, as I suspected.

He sounds like a alright guy, that's just my take from a single phone call.

It's my understanding is it's illegal to sell California alligator lizards in California, I mentioned that too Brandon, and he stated he checked a couple years ago with California Fish & Wildlife, and they told him albino's were exempt, that didn't ring true to me. But I'm no expert on California Laws, maybe someone who knows can chime in.....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 03-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
In California, albino animals are exempt from regulation for the matter at hand:

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...cumentID=35207

Section 43 (a) (7)

Old 03-13-2019, 11:46 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
Note that I'm no expert, but I have had reason to peruse California's wildlife regulations lately, and I just now checked on the regulations that I linked above.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #6
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
In California, albino animals are exempt from regulation for the matter at hand:

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...cumentID=35207

Section 43 (a) (7)

John,
Thank You!

The link doesn't go anywhere, I tried copy and paste, it showed an error 404.

Thanks again!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 03-13-2019, 11:55 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
I will attach the file.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf FG391.pdf (112.5 KB, 12 views)

Old 03-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #8
Socratic Monologue
Thanks, Nickolas. The link works for me when I click on it in my post, but I don't even pretend to understand this computer magic stuff.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:16 AM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
Thanks for providing it. It works when I directly click on it as well. Copying it will probably only capture a portion of the characters since the url is truncated. All set now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brandon patterson, nordic