Bad Guy Baltazaar2010 / Albert Bazaar took payment and never shipped animals - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
LOL, you think putting something in writing with this type of person would make any difference ?
I do think so, PayPal and other means of payment put great store in a contested case by written deals.
Plus, future possible customers look at both sides and screen shots are good proof. Without screen shots the other party can simply deny everything, although in this case I suspect possible future buyers may decide not to do business with Albert because of his childish demeanor.

Quote:
It would be great if Fauna or someone could just make a list of those to avoid for a quick reference rather than searching through a bunch of threads. I'm sure that would drastically cut down on people being taken.
Lists and videos have been proposed and tried, but could turn out to be a legal liability for the lister putting names on a 'Bad Guy' list. If you look at the BOI in depth you will see time and time again. Bad Guys posts that turn out after a while to be bogus based on additional information not posted at first.
Far better to search the actual threads where the reader can weigh opinion and decide on the weight to give it. Sone of the reptiles in question are very expensive, so a proposed transaction is well worth spending some time reading the threads here about a particular buyer or seller.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
[b]It would just be another Ty Parks case ... taking forever to get a refund - if ever - going the legal route.
Trying to get everything in writing, and forming a legal contract, is pretty basic in law and those who make deals should do their best to get everything in writing so that the terms and agreements are easily available for onlookers should their be later issues with the transaction. Verbal contracts are legal (with some exceptions) but are more difficult to prove. And proof helps in obtaining the results one wants.

This is not really the place to discuss the Ty thread in depth, but sometimes the wheels of justice grind slowly. However, in the Ty thread others have come forward with their own experiences, and relevant to this thread, I believe that many readers after reading that thread will take it into account in the future and I certainly believe that readers will take this thread into account should they ever see an advertisement for a reptile sold by Albert.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #23
markpulawski
Mark sorry you are going through this but I would think buying animals coming out of water during the winter may see weather related delays, especially with the severe cold we have seen every where over the last month or so. Usually when people start talking scammer, 4 or 5 more people come out of the woodwork and tell of their negative never get my money back experience with the "scammer", this has not happened. I myself had a great experience with Al on day geckos, paid and received young adult animals, packed well, sexed correctly and in prime breeding shape when they arrived. I know of several other people who got great animals on time in smooth transactions, hopefully they will post their experiences with Albert as well.
All of our experiences came during the summer when weather was more cooperative and could be managed and our animals came out of cages kept indoors so he knew what he actually had on hand. Reading what he said about hey I don't have enough females for you here and need to go collect and then seeing the weather he must have encountered while trying to collect all seem like pretty reasonable and believable excuses. Not sending your $$ back yet or advertising animals he was not sure he had is bad but going to collect animals a few hundred miles away to make sure you got what you ordered doesn't say scammer to me, sounds more like someone wanting to satisfy a customer and make sure they were happy.
It seems you and I are the only 2 who have actually had experiences with Al who have posted, it would be nice for a few others to show but I for one will be ordering from Al again, he did great by me and I am fully confident that I will get the same treatment on future orders.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #24
marku1999
Mark,

Glad to hear you did't lose your money or get screwed around like I have.
The agreement was not for him to go collect animals. The agreement was for him to sell me animals he had on hand.
The first delay was food poisoning, will ship next week.
The following week, it was too cold, his pipes froze, will ship the following week.
The third week he was supposed to ship, he finally discovered he didn't have enough females in his tubs. He would go get some from his pools.
After almost another whole week, he decides that's too much effort ( to get a couple females from his pools that he has already had payment for nearly a month), he will go collecting (at which time I asked him to send what he had, he refused saying he would go collect fresh pretty ones - which I didn't ask for). He also said he couldn't take the ones he had on the road to ship when he caught more because they are protected in the surrounding states. However; when he didn't find enough collecting, he said he would have to take the ones he did find into Florida to go collecting there. At which time he offered me mangrove diamondbacks. I asked for a refund and he agreed. Finally saying the water was cold and cloudy it would be hard to get any.

But, HE AGREED TO REFUND THE MONEY since he didn't have the animals, now refuses to do so.

I stand by what I said, I believe he doesn't have the money to refund me.
You can think what you want, and feel free to send him your money. I prefer to deal with people who follow through on what they say, and don't act like a completely different person between conversations or emails. He agreed to a refund on the phone now refuses to it.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #25
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpulawski View Post
Not sending your $$ back yet or advertising animals he was not sure he had is bad but going to collect animals a few hundred miles away to make sure you got what you ordered doesn't say scammer to me, sounds more like someone wanting to satisfy a customer and make sure they were happy.
When a customer asks for a refund, you send it. THAT would've made this customer HAPPY.

Delays happen, that is not the OP's issue; the issue is, the seller did not have the animals he advertised and when the buyer asked for a refund, it was never sent.

As a seller, you should never spend the money sent for animals until the customer has them and is happy, for this exact reason.

The seller may not be a scammer exactly, but as it stands, he is a thief. He has the OPs money and sent no turtles.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:52 AM   #26
markpulawski
I agree Albert should send a refund at this point however if he were a scammer he would have sent the animals he had on hand, sexed properly or not. A thief is when someone intentionally steals something, I don't believe Albert went into this deal looking to take money and not send animals but it is obvious this deal has gone sideways. He should have refunded you as soon as he found it he did not have the sex ratio of animals you requested with the caveat that he could collect and soon have the 2.4 or whatever ratio you were looking for and you could buy them when he was sure he had what you wanted.
I am defending Albert because I and several friends had great transactions with him on really hard to get animals, should he refund your money immediately based on where this has gone, a resounding yes, hopefully he will resolve and diffuse this soon.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #27
Webuildart
I’ve dealt with Albert on many occasions. Receiving multiple shipments of various animals. To the tune of about $5k.
Sometimes a delay but I always came out on top. Plus every animal I’ve received has been flawless.
I always knew he had me and the animals best interest in mind.
But I’m a patient and understanding person.
Give him time. I’m certain he’ll make it right.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #28
Snake-Queen
It's nice that y'all have had good experiences with Albert, the OP has not.

Albert has had plenty of time to make it right, yet has not. Anyone who keeps the money and sends no animal is a thief, plain and simple.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #29
Snake-Queen
Also, did either of you READ Albert's email to Mark? Is that how a business man is supposed to reply to someone, regardless of how he feels about Mark.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #30
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webuildart View Post

But I’m a patient and understanding person.
Is your implication that the OP isn't a kind or understanding person??
Personally I'm not giving you 4 weeks to give my money back. I'm contacting my CCC or whatever my payment method was.
What's typical in this situation is that until he screws you over he's a good guy. And that is how scammers/thieves/crooks stay in business. There's always enough kind and understanding people to keep lining their pockets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!