Bad Guy Howlin' Gale Dragons - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #51
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
According to what's been posted thus far, she had no intention of making it right.
She wasn't even given time to think about it and perhaps change her mind. Which she does say later she had intended to offer a partial refund. A bad guy thread posted so quickly was WAY jumping the gun. Of course if people actually take the time to read the thread they'll see what really happened, but when folks search for her business name they'll see that big bad guy thread right there. It's there, permanently, because someone had no patience to wait and give her a chance to make it right.

I think most would agree it's good to give someone more than, say, 8 hours to "do the right thing" before posting a bad guy thread.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #52
shinezilla
i agree with you there but she is saying that there is no nip and then she came up with a lame excuse saying the dragon nipped it self during shipping and that she has seen that happen come on now a dragon cant do that for all i know it could of happen in aarons care who knows

Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #53
HowlinGaleDragons
Sorry it took so long, dial up stinks here are the pictures I zoomed in as close as I could without blurring the pictures.

Pictures are attached my Photobucket wasn't letting me in

Picture 1: The Yellow circle is the big brown knot near where her head was the red is right where her foot was
Pictures 2, 3, and 4 are pictures I took as close up as I could without blurring

Old 06-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #54
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
She wasn't even given time to think about it and perhaps change her mind. Which she does say later she had intended to offer a partial refund. A bad guy thread posted so quickly was WAY jumping the gun. Of course if people actually take the time to read the thread they'll see what really happened, but when folks search for her business name they'll see that big bad guy thread right there. It's there, permanently, because someone had no patience to wait and give her a chance to make it right.

I think most would agree it's good to give someone more than, say, 8 hours to "do the right thing" before posting a bad guy thread.
How much time was she given? I must have missed where that was posted in the thread. There is no time limit on how long you should wait before making a post here, never has been. I think he came to the conclusion (as would I have) that the lady was not going to be helpful and was denying any responsibility.

She denied that the animal had a flaw in the emails they exchanged and also here in this thread she denied it several times-

Quote:
I am not getting into this deep as I feel it is not worth a headach, he is not allowed to purchase from me again for what he is doing and this will stand until he gives a very serious apology. Due to his harsh actions the $25 refund I was going to offer is no longer on the block as he has decided to take such actions against me because I was supposedly not talking to him he could of called to ask if I was even home is it a crime to be out for the night with my grand father?

The pictures of her on the wood happens to be bad placement that is a small dark area known as a "Knot" I have the wood right here. I have never ever had any complaints and I very much so know how to run a business I have been very successful over the years breeding beautiful dragons. I never stopped contacting you or as you say "Ignoring" you I was not home but you couldn't take 2 minutes to pick up a phone and call and ask "Hey are you getting my emails?" I know my dragons and she never had a toe nip, this clutch is very mellow all of my babies are nip free and are kept in groups of 3 - 4 to prevent this.

Sorry Aaron you took things way to far and really over reacted I will not be dragged down by such actions and un needed "BOI" If you would have spoke to me in a civil and non accusing manor things might have been very different instead of accusing me of knowingly sending a toe nip dragons you could have simply said "Hey...I noticed she had a toe nip did you know about this?."

To those who read this I never miss represent my dragons they are posted for sale as they are if they have nips I always post that with close up shots of the nip, this dragon had no nips upon shipping and I will stand by this, Aaron is the first person to ever have anything bad to say about feel free to check my Customer's Dragon page for pictures of dragons sold along with stories and comments.
What an attitude this woman has! "He is not allowed to buy from me anymore" LOL! What's wrong with her admitting to a mistake and maybe even saying "I'm sorry, how can I make this up to you?"?? He could have waited another day or another week and I doubt it would have made a difference. You can tell from the condescending tone to her emails and the above quoted post that it would have made no difference. Sure now she says "well I was planning on giving him a measly $25 back even though he is in the wrong and I am right but since he came to the BOI he is SOL.

She could have replied to this thread with a completely different attitude and could have come out smelling like a rose but instead she wants to be full of pride and be holier than thou (how DARE he state that she sent out a baby with a toe nip!). Her slogan is "Quality Not Quantity" and her Terms page states: "When you purchase a Bearded Dragon for me you not only are getting a wonderful healthy and beautiful pet but a life time of help and support with any questions you may have about your new pet." "There is a 24 Hour Health Guarantee on all reptiles". So how about she treats her customer that sent her $250 with a little respect and dignity and listens to and considers what he has to say?

I rarely get involved anymore with the BOI threads because of examples such as this one. A customer brings up an issue to the seller (and yes issues do come up from time to time with all of us), she denies culpability (no question there) so he does exactly what this forum is here for: he posts here to let others know his experience and also to perhaps get some resolution to the problem. He then gets his ass ragged on for doing so. Lame.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #55
reptile_jones
Quote:
=KelliH;717575] Let's say you ordered a snake from Joe Breeder and when you received it noticed immediately that it had a sore on it's body. You go back and check the images you were sent prior to purchase and realize that yes, there is a sore but for whatever reason you didn't notice it in the image. Would you not be a bit upset? Would you not want some sort of compensation or future credit from the snake breeder? Wouldn't you get pissed if the breeder of said snake was appearing to blow you off as seemed to be the case here? I'd be real pissed, not at the mistake that was made but at the fact that this person was trying to blow me off. Would I post something on the BOI? Hmmm I very well might do that.[QUOTE]
If it were in the photo and I missed it then it would be my problem. It was MY mistake that i missed it in the photo. Other wise why even bother taking photo in the first place? Deffiantly not a BOI issue!!

Quote:
Whether or not the thread starter is unemployed or not should have no bearing on this at all. In my opinion.[/
It shows why Aaron might lie about the baby. That is why i posted the link. It shows him in need of money very bad or he makes it seem that way.

Quote:
I was just layed off this week, so this girl really needs a home. I just cant afford to keep her. Make me an offer!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #56
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
First off I noticed that the pic in question that has the circled toe is actually addressing the second toe and from the close up pic it is clearly the last toe missing the tip.

Second, I forgot what else I was going to comment about. Stay tuned........
Taking a look at the close up, the second toe- the longest of them on that foot, has a spot where it appears that the skin might be broken, a ring of scale-less slightly yellow/brown with a different texture and a different plane than the surrounding scales.

I believe that's the nip in question- not a full missing toe tip, but a small open injury. Which would correspond to the circled area on the photos from Howlin' Gale, where there is a spot of discoloration in a similar area.

The toe closest to the bottom of the photo, I believe the tip of the toe and the nail are just a similar color to the finger of the person holding it- or is possibly a little translucent, as they can be at that size. I had to squint pretty hard, but the short toe looks intact.

Just my subjective judgment based on what I can see in the photos though, without a professional quality macro lens it can be tough to eyeball something so small. Making the photo bigger just results in a loss of clarity without really revealing anything new.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #57
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
If it were in the photo and I missed it then it would be my problem. It was MY mistake that i missed it in the photo. Other wise why even bother taking photo in the first place? Deffiantly not a BOI issue!!
Sorry but you're wrong. Yeah it was shown in the photo but just look at the pic; you can't tell exactly what that is, it's so small and blurry (the area where the affected toe is). And even so, it is NOT ok for a seller to describe an animal as perfect and then send something that is not, whether the flaw is evident in a photo or not. If the seller knew of the flaw (I don't think she noticed it either) she should make her customer well aware that the flaw is there.

What has happened to good customer service in this business??

Old 06-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #58
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
In a perfect world, everyone would have eleven thousand dollar cameras and plenty of time to take photos so beautiful and crystal clear and perfect that they could be on the cover of National Geographic.

When someone doesn't notice an imperfection in a photo where the imperfection is three pixels wide and indistinct, it's really not their fault.

And while the imperfection may be so small that it's difficulty to accurately photograph, that doesn't make it any less imperfect. Something is either perfect or it is not. After that it's just a discussion of degree.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #59
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
How much time was she given? I must have missed where that was posted in the thread. There is no time limit on how long you should wait before making a post here, never has been. I think he came to the conclusion (as would I have) that the lady was not going to be helpful and was denying any responsibility.

She denied that the animal had a flaw in the emails they exchanged and also here in this thread she denied it several times-
He never actually posted emails, so who knows. He only posted the bits that showed him in good light.

I'm not saying she's not in the wrong, just that it was premature to slam her with a bad guy thread.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #60
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
He never actually posted emails, so who knows. He only posted the bits that showed him in good light.

I'm not saying she's not in the wrong, just that it was premature to slam her with a bad guy thread.
I agree that he should post all the emails. Hey rin0425 can you please post all of the emails that were exchanged in this matter? At this point there is no reason not to.

As far as time from last email to first post on the BOI, how long is long enough to wait I mean, it's so subjective. I probably would have exchanged a few more emails with her before posting here but I promise you I would have made a post had she continued with the blowing off of me (her theoretical customer).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!