? for those seeking offers on animals - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:43 AM   #1
sschind
? for those seeking offers on animals

This is a question aimed at those of you who place adds without stating a price, but asking for offers.

How do you treat offers that you consider to be

1. A bit lower than you were hoping for.

2. A lot lower than you were hoping for.

3. Rediculously low (in your opinion).

Do you respond or simply ignor the offer. Just curious

Steve Schindler

Old 12-14-2002, 02:04 AM   #2
Nufanoo9
This is a good point!

Well... most of the time I simply put the price and make it easier on everybody. Now I'm going to let out a secret...whenever I post I am taking offers I will take any amount of money I am offered, unless of course it is absolutely ridiculous, for example I have a bunch of corns for sale right now and if I were to say make me an offer, it would be ridiculous for someone to offer me 50 dollars shipped for all 19 corns...but anything that is that is realistic even to the minimum would be taken. So to clear up what I just said, whenever I say make me an offer it's basically so I can get rid of it, not to get a better price because most of the time people do not want to take the time to make an offer. Well that is my two cents. On, the other hand I have made people offers that I thought were reasonable and I never heard back or they were asking more. But I'm interested how other people deal with this situation.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:33 AM   #3
Linda Demadura
If it's an animal I'm really interested in I'll email them asking about how much they were "hoping" to get for the snake. Now I have a price in my mind I'm "willing" to pay. Once I hear back from them if the "price is right" I'll buy the snake. If it's a bit higher I'll ask if they're willing to accept the amount I'm willing to pay. If the price is much higher I'll email them and let them know that's more than I can afford. I "NEVER" make an offer "FIRST". The reason I don't is , because a few times the amount they're "hoping" to get is actually "lower" that what I was "willing" to pay in the first place. It saves me money and I love to save money.
Just my thoughts,
Linda

Old 12-14-2002, 12:25 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
In general I try to stay away from those deals unless the animal really interests me. Linda made a good point, it's nice to get a "feel" for how the bidding is going before making yours. It makes me feel better when the seller provides a minimum figure. At least I know if I'm within reasonable range of what he expects to get for his animal. If the seller is asking for offers he should be kind and professional enough to answer to each individual that places an offer (regardless of how ridicuouls he thinks it might be). He can maybe reply with a simple ..."Although I appreciate your interest the current ongoing offer is X"... If he is not willing to do that he should have set a price for his item in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!