Bad Guy Repticon- Friend or Foe to the Reptile Industry? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #31
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle Beach Reptile Expo View Post
Hey Brian, you may read it how you want. What I am stating in the post is how Repticon is trying to destroy another show. Thats what they do. They are trying to convince my vendors not to do my show and give them incentatives for doing theirs.
www.myrtlebeachreptileexpo.com
Do you have any proof of this?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #32
thomas davis
proof

wow wheres the proof of your accusations?
to answer your question i feel repticon is a definate FRIEND to the reptile industry. also here at their houston show they permit 2 orgs. that i know of to advertise their shows eths & harka so??????
,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
They are not a friend to their vendors. They changed the venue from Little Rock AR to Southhaven MS and didn't inform their vendors that had reserved tables via their CC. Me and another breeder reserved 4 tables for the Little Rock show and put it on his CC. I stumbled across the change in venue and contacted him to see if they had told him. They had not. He called them and demanded a refund on his card and they informed him that they didn't charge the cards till you checked in.

What if we would have showed up to the wrong location on the wrong date with 4 tables worth of animals and product?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #34
Myrtle Beach Reptile Expo
I have contacted my vendors that were contacted by Repticon about the free table ordeal. The problem with this is, Repticon is very quick to ban someone from their shows. Look at the time a gentleman posted about the mold situation in Colombia when a lot of people got sick. He WAS a vendor at their show. Because of his post, he has been ban from their show. These vendors do do Repticon shows. They are worried if they post, they will no longer be a loud to vend at their shows. I know this is a dog eat dog world. No problem. Competition is good. That is not what I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is they are trying to destroy another show. They are contacting my vendors telling them my vendor list is fake and trying to have my vendors cancel with my show and go with theirs. If you think me vendor list is fake, call ANYONE on that list and ask them where they will be the weekend of my show. They already have a show that weekend in Baton Rouge. When do you ever see them putting on 2 shows the same weekend? They don't. The other time this year they had a double show is when they tried to mess with the Hamburg show. Putting on a show the same weekend as theirs 2 hours away.

Look, no website address for my "FREE ADVERTISING"

Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #35
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle Beach Reptile Expo View Post
I have contacted my vendors that were contacted by Repticon about the free table ordeal. The problem with this is, Repticon is very quick to ban someone from their shows. Look at the time a gentleman posted about the mold situation in Colombia when a lot of people got sick. He WAS a vendor at their show. Because of his post, he has been ban from their show. These vendors do do Repticon shows. They are worried if they post, they will no longer be a loud to vend at their shows. I know this is a dog eat dog world. No problem. Competition is good. That is not what I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is they are trying to destroy another show. They are contacting my vendors telling them my vendor list is fake and trying to have my vendors cancel with my show and go with theirs. If you think me vendor list is fake, call ANYONE on that list and ask them where they will be the weekend of my show. They already have a show that weekend in Baton Rouge. When do you ever see them putting on 2 shows the same weekend? They don't. The other time this year they had a double show is when they tried to mess with the Hamburg show. Putting on a show the same weekend as theirs 2 hours away.

Look, no website address for my "FREE ADVERTISING"
So where is everyone gonna go when they cant go to Repticon?

Oh thats right maybe ur show!

Come on man if u wanna compete with the big boys u gotta think outside the box. If they have lets say... 100 vendors and still some space, 67 of them post on here. Do u really think they will ban 67 paying vendors from ever being allowed in a show?

They are trying to use bully tactics to scare everyone in to making them money, if you wanna fall for it then u might as well pull out now.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #36
thomas davis
haha

quote: I stumbled across the change in venue and contacted him to see if they had told him. They had not. He called them and demanded a refund on his card and they informed him that they didn't charge the cards till you checked in.
What if we would have showed up to the wrong location on the wrong date with 4 tables worth of animals and product? :endquote

stumbled across the change of venue, what if we had showed up at the wrong location AHAHAHAHAHA id say wake up outta the fog... what bs.
called them and demanded a refund huh? i would imagine he felt pretty STUPID when he found out they didnt charge his card ROFLMFAO, classic
again my opinion is they are a definate FRIEND to the reptile industry.
,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #37
annmikeal
The Repticon shows arent the greatest shows, the ones in Tampa and Orlando 10 years ago were way better. But what else do we have in Florida other than the Daytona show??? Nothing... personally Im still going to go to a show that may not be the greatest, because its better than not going to a show at all...

Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #38
Killer Chams
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
quote: I stumbled across the change in venue and contacted him to see if they had told him. They had not. He called them and demanded a refund on his card and they informed him that they didn't charge the cards till you checked in.
What if we would have showed up to the wrong location on the wrong date with 4 tables worth of animals and product? :endquote

stumbled across the change of venue, what if we had showed up at the wrong location AHAHAHAHAHA id say wake up outta the fog... what bs.
called them and demanded a refund huh? i would imagine he felt pretty STUPID when he found out they didnt charge his card ROFLMFAO, classic
again my opinion is they are a definate FRIEND to the reptile industry.
,,,,,,,,thomas davis
You may consider them "friends". But the Houston shows that they have put on have SUCKED big time. I will never travel all the way to pasadena again to go to such a lousy show. Very few vendors. A crappy location. They book the old convention center in the back. The lighting was absolutely horrible. And the animals were mostly subpar. They only allowed 1 feeder company at the show and they only had cricks & meals & supers. Please, I can get those at my LPS cheaper! I expected more and was thouroughly disgusted.

You want a good show in Houston, then go the ETHS show in the fall. Or drive up to Dallas and go to NARBC show. Repticon will never take my $$ again.

And for the OP. I dont blame you if they were screwing with my vendors I would call em out too.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #39
thomas davis
hahaha

yeah humble to pasadena o'boy that is a hike lmao,,,,,, theres been more than 1 feeder vendor there? when did you go? as far as animal selection and number of vendors yeah they have been low but what do you expect they have only put on 3 shows here so far. with time there will be more and better selection for the consumer. as per the OP title i feel they are a friend to the industry and being that they allowed ETHS and HARKA to advertise their shows at their show, it just doesnt make much sense that they would ban the OP for starting her own show??? im sure there is more to it. i would still like to see some proof of the allegations from the OP.
,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #40
Killer Chams
It is when gas is 3.00 or more a gall and you have to take toll road to get there and pay to park, plus pay to get in. I was out 20.00 before I even got in the show. Then the animals were sub par and I couldnt even find a hornworm or silkworm in the building. Not trying to start a war here just saying they lost me as a future attendee and vendor. I was thinking I may vend that show for my chams. No way, not worth it. It was a low turn out when I was there. I will vend ETHS, I have done well at that show in the past and would vend it again anytime...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!