Rodentpro.com just get's better and better!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
HerpLuver
Thumbs up Rodentpro.com just get's better and better!!!

Just wanted to post this thread about Rodentpro.com since i can never seem to have a BAD deal with these guys. They are ALWAYS helpful and informative. Recently, i purchased 75 weanlings and 60 small rats. I originally paid with one of my CC's but the transaction didnt go through, so instead i sent them a paypal payment. Well apparently with the first order, they used my rodentpro acct address which was old and outdated. So Rodentpro sent the order to that address(which was weird, because my paypal shipping address is my home address). This made it so i could not retreive my order, which was over 160 dollars. I spoke to Casey at Rodentpro and after some discussion they sent me out a brand new order!!

Thanks Rodentpro.com

Old 04-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
PJCReptiles
I feel the same way ..we purchase all our feeders from RodentPro. Never get a bad shipment and all animals are supurbly clean. Although...I have gotten the occasional hal pinky...the problem with that is, what end do you feed the snake first. Heads or Tails?... www.ROdentPro.com A++++++++

Jay

Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
HerpLuver
Depends on what side you get haha. I've gotten only the end half.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #4
Joejr14
I'd have to disagree. I got a bunch of rat pinkies and fuzzies back in October and 90% of them have quite a bit of bedding on them. It's a real pain in the butt to have to rinse them off before feeding them to the snakes.

I'm due for another order and I'll be using Big Cheese or The Mouse Factory.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
HerpLuver
Out of the tons of orders i have placed with Rodentpro.com i've never encountered the bedding issue. It's possible that it was just a minor mistake by one of the packagers. I can almost guarantee you won't see something like that again. Also, fuzzies and pinkies are bedding magnets. If you pick up pups out of the tub, you'll hardly get any bedding, but you pick up a handful of pinkies and your getting a decent handful of bedding at the same time lol. Sticks to em like flies on, well, you know LoL

Old 04-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
HerpLuver
Also, was there any problem with the actual QUALITY of the rodents? Sounds like your just upset about a seriously petty issue (IMO). When i thaw my rats out, if there's anything stuck to them (usually small bits of feces), it washes off in the water. Then again i thaw my rats out in 12 qt sterilite tubs filled with hot or warm water. No bags, just rats and water. Dont know how you thaw yours out, it might be harder to accomplish the cleaning process if you use a bag at the same time.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
Brandon Osborne
How is this for a petty issue. I sold 2 clutches of albino and het Burmese pythons to Kevin in trade for a trio of adult Green Tree Pythons and never recieved anything for my animals. The trade value at the time was $1425 for the 3 adult chondros and Kevin told me he was not going to give me anything. He called me up about 6 months after he was supposed to get the chondros for me and said he would go ahead and get them. He felt it was not right of him to rip me off and he would let me know when he got them. I have never heard from him since other than seeing him in public. I would not do business with him again.......and we were supposed to be friends. There are plenty of great rodent breeders out there. Pick your poison.

Brandon Osborne

Old 04-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
Scott Ashton
I'm not impressed with Rodent Pro's product.

I now use Big Cheese Rodent Factory for all my frozen feeders.

They ship very clean, intact feeders - vacuum packed on styrofoam trays.

Like everything its a matter of personal preference.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
jglass38
I ordered from RP for a while. Their quality went downhill severely. Rodents with heads broken off, covered in feces and urine and generally disgusting looking. Aside from that you need to have order practically 2 weeks in advance. Ridiculous. Seems that some get good orders and some don't due to them buying stock from multiple breeders. I have stopped ordering from them and have been thrilled with Big Cheese. I just now placed an order with American Rodent to check out the quality. Brian did such a great job getting me my new rack that I wanted to see how he does with feeders.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
liquidleaf
HerpLuver, just because you have had a sterling relationship with RodentPro doesn't mean you should downplay other people's concerns. If someone had a problem with bedding in an order, that is valid. Yes, it might be a one-time thing, but maybe not. I'm glad you had your very good experiences.

I personally placed a few orders with RodentPro, but when I had to place my last order, they were out of stock of all the sizes of rodents I needed, and stayed out of stock for a month, so I wound up going with American Rodent supply instead. The rodents I got from my other orders with RodentPro were clean (a few poops here and there, a shaving or two here and there as well, but nothing huge) and well packed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!