Open discussion on the new "west" - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #21
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I wouldn't think that anyone but you would be able to see who gave you the points, Michael. There would really be no purpose in that, IMO.
I think it is being setup for everyone to see, I would like to know before I ding someone for profanity (especially if it a minor one) if they had already been called on it.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #22
Cat_72
Hmmm.....I missed that.

I think being able to see if they had already been called on it is a good idea, but for everyone to be able to see it, well....as much as I hate to say it, it really might make for that whole "mob mentality" you always hear people complaining about, lol.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #23
Cat_72
Clarification: *but for everyone to be able to see WHO called you on it, well.......

I need to go to bed.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #24
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Hmmm.....I missed that.

I think being able to see if they had already been called on it is a good idea, but for everyone to be able to see it, well....as much as I hate to say it, it really might make for that whole "mob mentality" you always hear people complaining about, lol.
But essentially one word of profanity used and you could be suspended if 1,000 people ding you.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #25
Stardust
Hmm very interesting point.
I would hope that it would be set up for everyone to see. My reasoning for this is that given the "force to ticket" would also show what people are made of and how exactly they use their power and if it is used fairly and justly AND it would also show if someone is nitpicking on just one person or not.
In a court of law, when a person goes to fight a ticket the cop that gave that ticket is not anonymous, it is there for all to know why it was handed out. I agree with that concept.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #26
Cat_72
Bill, re-read my clarification and see if it makes more sense.....LOL.

I agree that folks should be able to know if you've already gotten dinged for something......I'm just very sleepy and not making much sense at this point.

I'm going to give it up and go to bed now, hopefully I'll make more sense later after some sleep.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #27
Stardust
Also, if it is for all to see, then one would have to weigh the "crime" to the punishment so to speak, if one person swore, and say I see that they got a warning for it already I would probably go about my business and not give another. It really is all about judgement.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #28
ms_terese
Interesting is a good word.

I think the vast majority of people here will use it responsibly. However, as we all know, it only takes a handful of people intent on misusing something to cause an issue. I firmly believe that "handful" exists, and it has the potential to cause the same issues that the karma system did.

Seriously, do you think there will not be pm's a'flyin' advising others to go add their "zing" to a post to get someone's points up? Do you think there will not be virtual stalking of certain members, analyzing each post in order to find something to attribute points to?

I hope that it works in the way that Rich envisions, but I fear that it will result in his opinion of the members sinking even further.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #29
Stardust
Wild Wild West - Part 2 01-15-2007 07:15 AM lucille

I did post this on that thread as that is where the bad karma came from, but thought I should bring it here as it doesn't pertain to the rules.
As a fyi, I did not retaliate as I think that would be childish. And I did recieve enough good karma for the very same post and not angry about it at all.
It was to show a point on how things can and will be abused. I did not go against any rules and this is exactly why I believe it should not be anonymous.
Anyway, interesting, for lack of another work, this will be, lol.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #30
KelliH
Quote:
I did post this on that thread as that is where the bad karma came from, but thought I should bring it here as it doesn't pertain to the rules.
As a fyi, I did not retaliate as I think that would be childish. And I did recieve enough good karma for the very same post and not angry about it at all.
It was to show a point on how things can and will be abused. I did not go against any rules and this is exactly why I believe it should not be anonymous.
Anyway, interesting, for lack of another work, this will be, lol.
Uh, Rozann, can you splain the above comment? LOL I'm confused. Is that a pm?

I think it's not a great idea, like I said in the other thread, for Fauna (the website, the community). It will be another thing to tear people apart rather than bring them closer together (as a community). It is going to be fun to watch but I have my doubts. Hopefully I am totally off base.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!