Removing ads? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
Daniel Moore
Removing ads?

Is it within the sellers power to remove an ad once it has been posted?
A transaction I made a little while ago (less than 2 weeks) now the ads are gone?

Daniel Moore

Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Daniel Moore
I was not the seller.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #3
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Moore
Is it within the sellers power to remove an ad once it has been posted?
A transaction I made a little while ago (less than 2 weeks) now the ads are gone?

Daniel Moore
Yes they can.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #4
Daniel Moore
why is that possible when that is concrete published evidence in reference for disputes etc?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #5
shrap
You can easily take a screen shot of the ad if that is what you are worried about.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
You can easily take a screen shot of the ad if that is what you are worried about.
In fact in my opinion you should keep screenshots if you make the purchase. Even if the seller doesn't delete the ad it can be edited.

Bear in mind also, that those ads are "soft deleted" by the user meaning they are still in the database, just no longer visible to users. But...the text may have been edited first and any photos removed.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
liquidleaf
Yes, unfortunately just like when buying elsewhere online, it's the buyer's responsibility to retain proof of transaction, whether a printed copy or a screen capture. You can't count on internet ads or postings to be public forever, unfortunately, because of the dynamic nature of websites. Even Ebay auction descriptions become defunct automatically within a set time limit.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Daniel Moore
Ah se la ve. I have much "evidence" paypal, email, etc so that is not an issue, although for a seller to remove an ad could infer something to the integrity of the seller him or herself. Thanks for the input.

Daniel K Moore

Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Moore
although for a seller to remove an ad could infer something to the integrity of the seller him or herself. Thanks for the input.
Daniel K Moore
Like maybe they don't want to continue to be contacted for animals they no longer have??
I remove my ads as soon as the animal (or item) is out of my possession...if I don't have it, I can't sell it - if I can't sell it, why advertise it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!