Surgery - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #31
Lucille
It sounds like you are slowly improving, it's good to see you feeling better. The exercises are important.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #32
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
3 Days ago I was so foggy brained and exhausted I was getting depressed. Some new exercises and managing pain pills differently paying off so far.
It's amazing how much a good night's sleep improves your outlook. I'm glad to hear things are improving.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Finally 2 days of decent sleep. Sunday into Monday I mostly slept with periodic pain and was usually able to adjust and go back to sleep. I woke up maybe 5 times. Each time I would sit up for 5 min's or so to allow pressure points to fade.

Last night I woke up maybe 3 times and only needed to sit up once for a few min's. Probably best sleep yet since surgery.

3 Days ago I was so foggy brained and exhausted I was getting depressed. Some new exercises and managing pain pills differently paying off so far.
But it does sound like you are getting better, so that is the important thing.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #34
Lucille
Joe I'm ready for another update. And a friend sent me a wonderful new 'country cooking' recipe I'm posting here on this forum separately. If you were next door I'd just bring some over but the recipe will have to do.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #35
JColt
Looking forward to it Lucille!

I had an occupational therapist come this week and a physical therapist. Had a follow up appointment with surgeon at 11 this morning. Nurse came in and cleaned scar with alcohol scrub. I didn't scream or yell but I may have pooped myself a bit!

Still having some problem staying asleep but getting better!

Old 06-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #36
JColt
Well I can get in and out of bed with out feeling like my chest will explode now and stairs are much easier now. The bad thing is the nerve endings in chest coming back. If my left arm touches my left nipple while getting up from bed or chair it feels like someone took a cattle prod to it!

Took 2 walks around block today and will do one more once Sun goes behind houses. Hoping by the 15th or 20th to be allowed to drive again. Going back to work will be either July 15th or August 15th depending if I can do light duty. Good chance because everyone at work shy's away from anything I do and especially when dealing with ordering and contractors and I'm also the back up IT guy.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #37
WebSlave
Good to hear you are mending OK. Don't rush it. That was some major surgery you went through. And with this virus crap still going around, probably just as well you don't go out much anyway.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
Excellent progress, Joe, and while the feeling returning to certain areas may not feel like a good thing right now, it is also part of that good progress.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #39
Lucille
So glad you are getting better!!!!

Old 06-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #40
Helenthereef
Slow but gradual progress is what we want to hear - don't rush it. Glad to hear abut your successful surgery, especially in such a difficult time for hospitals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!