Christmas 2007 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
WebSlave
Actually I am talking with my programmer about upgrading this software, and I have a whole list of mods that I have to decide whether or not to carry them over to the new version or not. Any of them not implemented natively in the new version will have to be completely recoded again, which will be rather expensive if I keep them all. There is a native version of something like the warning system in the latest version, but of course the warning points of this current version will not be transportable. So they will all be zeroed out at that time. Even then, there are parts to the warning system coded to automate the suspension and fine part of it, which I will have to decide to keep or not. Natively, the program code will just outright ban members who trip the trigger. Maybe that would be best anyway. So it's going to take some thought about a lot of things.

Some other features here may go away as well if I feel that the cost of implementing them is not worth it, based on value returned (to me and to you). A lot of those mods were done over a fair amount of time, so the expenditures were easier to absorb when spread over that time period. Getting hit with them ALL at one time is going to be real tough to swallow. So anything non essential may just go away, at least temporarily. Heck, maybe most of them will just go away. At least with the benefit of hindsight, I now know which custom coding projects are going to be worthwhile keeping.

Only four more hours and it will be Christmas here on the east coast. Wonder how many kids are in bed fidgeting trying to fall asleep? I remember as a kid resenting my brothers falling asleep so quickly while was tossing and turning. I figured they were already awake and opening presents, relatively speaking, passing through the sleep zone, leaving me on the other side.....

Old 12-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
jsrocket
Merry Christmas, Rich, you dang workaholic.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
akaangela
Mary Christmas. Thank you for all your hard work and the wonderful forum. This is a wonderful gift that we use every day.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #14
Jim O
Merry Christmas all.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-25-2007, 02:22 AM   #16
The BoidSmith
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
kmurphy
It's Chrismas - Merry Christmas to all.

It's Chrismas - Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #18
LadyOhh
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #19
Stardust
Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #20
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
But what resulted from my doing that last year? Did those people who came back and participated take value in that "gift"? Thinking back, I would have to say "no".
Hmmm. As one of those who received the gift of being resurrected from the 'land of the banned', I supposed I could say, "Bah, humbug"...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!