education on frogs - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
Stardust
I have never heard of ground coco fiber but have heard of moss, that seems like a good ticket. Not as messy, keeps moisture in and frog stays happy.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Stardust
I will probably try a pacman first but I really like those dart frogs but have stayed away from them because I heard you can not really hold them. In an ad here they said that you can hold them in captivity.
Can someone elaborate on that?

Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I will probably try a pacman first but I really like those dart frogs but have stayed away from them because I heard you can not really hold them. In an ad here they said that you can hold them in captivity.
Can someone elaborate on that?

the food they eat is what causes them to be toxic in the wild.

Since they dont have that specific food source available in captivity, they arent toxic/poisonous when captive bred. ( Wild caught animals can still be for a time, though)

Old 04-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #14
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I will probably try a pacman first but I really like those dart frogs
A pacman frog is a better choice as they will eat crickets and night crawlers their whole life.

With dart frogs or any small frogs, be prepared to breed your own fruit flies to feed them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!