Help identifying... thanks! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Robert Walker
Help identifying... thanks!

Hi Guys & Gals,

Looking to see if you can tell me what you think this snake is??

Clutch was from Mojave x (Bee or Fire or Echni)

Picture 1: Two pastels on top, the snake in question on bottom
Picture 2: Snake in question plus a similar sibling also in question.

Pastels with weird patterns??

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
Looks like pastel with weird patterns

Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Thanks Jerry for always giving your thoughts! Karma your way!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
pythons&falcons
They all look like pastels to me too......but I'm not as familiar with the enchi gene as I'm sure a lot of others are.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Thanks Summer. (great hat, my wife has one she picked up in Europe just like it)

For sure Fire and Enchi is ruled out, that much I do know

I just didn't know where/why the pattern was manifesting itself in the pastel. Any one else have their pastels come out with this Woma/leopardy look to them too??

Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
cmbpboa9
The smaller pastel looks like a regular pastel with a blown out pattern. The bigger one looks really wierd, the color really says something is up. I definently feel a woma type influence. Good luck!!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
pythons&falcons
Aww thank you Robert! Yeah they are pretty tricked-out pastels, congrats! I think when normals come out of morph crosses they tend to look cooler and it seems like that's what happened with your pastels.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Thanks Cody and Summer!

I guess I am trying to also see if this happens with other snakes like Summer mentioned...meaning a fairly common occurence OR should I raise them up and breed them to each other to see if there is something cooler. You know, the same question people ask a lot on the forum. I really don't want to invest 3 years on pastels if everyone else is sitting around going "I have the same thing over here too"

Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
B&C Ball Pythons
I don't think there's any of the three listed genes in there. Definitely a very cool patterned pastel! Love it.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
nickyp0
the one on the bottom looks like that zebra pastel on wob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!