Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Virginia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
EricWI
Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Virginia

Pa. bill would ban private ownership of exotic animals
Some Pennsylvania lawmakers want to bring the state's law in line with New Jersey's, by enacting a similar ban on private ownership of most categories of large wild animals. The bill passed a House committee last spring and is awaiting action in the full chamber.

"My legislation would change the law so that ownership of specific wild animals for private entertainment would be considered the mistreatment of that wildlife, therefore protecting the safety of Pennsylvanians as well as these animals," Rep. Ed Staback (D., Lackawanna) said.

articles.philly.com/2011-10-20/news/30301720_1_wild-animals-exotic-animals-wayne-pacelle

Virginia urged to strengthen exotic pet laws
McDonnell spokesman Tucker Martin said the governor would look into the matter.

“The Governor is concerned about any threats to public safety that could be presented by personal ownership of such animals,” Martin said via e-mail. “In the wake of yesterday’s tragic situation in Ohio, the Administration will look further into the laws in the Commonwealth regarding this issue.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ginia-politics

Indiana Needs Tougher Exotic Animal Laws, Says Noble Animal Sanctuary Director

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...132198793.html

Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
smb2585
This whole situation enrages me...

Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
bkline
now i know it says private ownership in pa, but i am a breeder of skunks, this season will be my first and i have a stock of 3 males, and 5 females. anyone can legally own a skunk in pa, but not everyone can sell or even give them away. i got approved and have my propagation number to do so. so im wondering if they are trying to kill the whole operation or what.
But needless to say if private ownership is taken away, breeders wont have anyone to sell to, leaving the animals undesireable and the whole thing goes down the drain

Old 10-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
RoadHouse of Retics
Yeah lets take more jobs away from an already crippling economy just because of a few careless owners.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!