Bad Guy Ian of Outback Reptiles - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #91
Abish
Can you post the emails now, though?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #92
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE1983 View Post
Bottom line....... Treat people with respect and with a good attitude and you can usually come out on top. If anything learn from this situation and try not to take the same approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE1983 View Post
My name is Joe Ellis. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of animals for the shop I work at and for myself. I almost never have issues. If I ever did they were fix no problem. Ian stands behind his animals and if you treat him with respect he is more than willing to help you out. When you have your mommy and girlfriend come up that makes you look like a . Treat people with respect and you will get it back. People will also respect you more if you did not look like a queer.

Joe Ellis

So are you the pot or the kettle?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #93
Ralphieeeee
Here's the e-mail I sent to them after going to the vet. I also showed some people pictures of the fecal matter and they told me it might be crypto so I got a little bit worried.

5/13/2009 6:21 PM
To: orders@outbackreptiles.com<orders@outbackreptiles. com>;

Hello,
I talked to Ian when I called last week about my spider ball python that I thought had internal parasites. I was told that there was no way possible of buying a snake with parasites since your snakes are all captive bred. I just got the results today on my snake from the vet which I went to on Monday. The spider I purchased from you had Hookworm, which should now be gone from the de-worming my snake was given. The fecal exam also showed nematodes which the vet told me could be a sign of Cryptosporidium. The exam is being tested again to see if it has Cryptosporidium for sure. When I go back to the vet for some medication for my snake, I will most likely give the vet another fecal sample to see what's still going on with my snake. I purchased this snake from you in White Plains, NY at the reptile show on Sunday, April 19th for $200. I've already spent $117.00 on vet bills and even more money once I buy the medication for my snake. The vet consisted of a checkup, fecal exam, and de-worming. The snake has been showing signs of sickness since the first week I had him. When it defecated it was all liquid and of a horrid smell. When the vet got a fecal exam from the snake, there was also blood in the fecal matter. Another symptom of the snake being sick has been drooling after drinking water. I don't think it can swallow that well. Also, it will not eat frozen/thawed rats/mice or live as well. The vet told me if it really has Cryptosporidium, to probably find a new home for it since it will harm the rest of my collection. The snake is in quarantine in a glass tank with heatpad, heatlamp, newspaper bedding, with water bowl and hide. The snake is in another room so hopefully none of my other snakes catch it's sickness. What can you do for me since I've gone through all this trouble from buying a "healthy" snake ,from what I was told, from you guys? Let me know. Thanks.

-Ralph Turner

---------------

I had been switching the sick snake in between a glass 30gal tank and a small rack I had no other snakes in because I would bleach/clean the tub/tank after the snake defecated.

I was never e-mailed back, but I'm sure I wasn't being ignored. They probably don't check their online stuff much, I don't know.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #94
Wolfy-hound
First, your time line is way off from what you said to begin with.

Second, a fecal should be done in the vet. Even my po-dunk little small town vet can do a fecal in the clinic in less than half an hour. Does the vet not have a microscope? Am I somehow not remembering how all the vets I've been around do fecals?

Third, even if the snake did have loose stool, when you went to the show and acted the way you did, I wouldn't expect anyone to bend over backwards to do any deals for you. If the posted price is $200, it doesn't mean $160 to everyone. You were offered a couple different deals or discounts, and it wasn't good enough, so??

Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #95
geckoprincess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Your name is "Sara Anne", but he called you "Bro"?
I'm pre op, So I still look like a man... Saving for the operation ('11) hopefully.. wanna hook up?

Old 07-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #96
David Reid
Ralph, looks like you will be chalking this up to a learning experience. So, I hope you learned a few things, like fight your own battles, sending mom in and having your girlfriend talk for you looks lame. If you had an issue with the snake, and thought it was sick, I would have demanded to send it back immediately. If you take a snake to the vet, especially a month later, with no agreement in place from Ian to pay any vet bills, you will probably eat them. If you go to a place of business and just stare at the guy, that will get you nowhere, and I am surprised you did not get tossed out of the show. The bottom line is, even if you are 100% correct in all you have stated here, and the snake was sick when you got it, you totally went about solving your problem in the wrong way. Hopefully you can look back on it and see where you went wrong. Take your mom and girlfriend out to dinner, to thank them for sticking up for you, but tell em it will be the last time you let then.

Dave

Old 07-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #97
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphieeeee View Post
Another symptom of the snake being sick has been drooling after drinking water. I don't think it can swallow that well.
Just pointing out that any snake will drool water out if you disturb it while it is drinking. Kind of hard to hold water with no cheeks I've accidentally picked up boas after they drank and had at least a tablespoon of water splash out of their mouths all over me, lol.

I also want to point out that you were probably cooking and drying out your snake if you had it in a glass aquarium with a heat pad and heat lamp, on a dry substrate like newspaper.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #98
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post

So are you the pot or the kettle?
I think Joe was just demonstrating his point by giving Ralphie the respect he deserved

Old 07-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #99
aleria
Angry

This issue was already reported to the mods once before, and apparently whoever the immature jackoff is that thinks continuing to place derogatory and inappropriate tags on this thread didn't get the point the first time.
I will report this once again and hope the mods will take some action and punish your stupid for turning around and re-doing what they already took the time to remove.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #100
JoeEllisReptiles
HMM.... So your vet treated your snake for "worms" on the 11th but the results did not come in until the 13th? I think that seems a little off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
elaphe carinata, goblin balls, hookworms, ian g, mike schultz, outback reptiles, parasites, ralph turner, water sports