Bad Guy Naturalist Guy, Kenneth Barnett - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #51
NaturalistGuy
The words of advice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post

A word of advise Kenneth. Let this one go. Right now you look pretty good. If you keep on with your current requests and veiled threats of lawsuits, the table will turn on you. MANY people here have had dingleberries start bad guy threads about them. Consider the source, then ponder the support you've gotten here and then decide if you'd rather have members here for or against you.

Anyone who forms an opinion of you solely based on the first post by the OP here is probably not someone you want to be doing business with in the first place.

Buck up Buttercup, it's the way it is on the internet.

Thank you for your words. I completely understand. And I hold no worries about any back lash. If there is one, then I probably will deserve it. I have to do, what I think is best. And I know what is best. The internet is truly wonderful- yet each person must be themselves at all turns. Backing off, or being intimidated, is not me. Never, ever. But I understand what your saying.

Thank you for the alert.

Peace out,
Kenny

Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #52
NaturalistGuy
The support here is fantastic. I appreciate it greatly. I have made a firm and strong decision on what I will do. I will keep this off the thread, and proceed as I had intended. Intimidation in any form, NOT to stand up for things has historically caused more trouble then the opposing outcome.

But know this to all my friends and the people that know me personally. Understanding the deeper issue here, which I know some of you do, is what is so important.

Sincerely,
Kenny

Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseal View Post
On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Lori Vazquez <lvmi42@me.com> wrote:

Kenneth,

I'm entitled to my own opinion.
I do believe that the OP is entitled to her opinion. I strongly do not agree with it, but she has a right to say her say whether you agree with her point of view or not. And if you do not, you can say so, and many have.

Taking that right away by insisting on the selective editing/removal of threads that may be adverse to one party is damaging not only to the concept of the BOI, but to all that our freedoms stand for.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #54
NaturalistGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I do believe that the OP is entitled to her opinion. I strongly do not agree with it, but she has a right to say her say whether you agree with her point of view or not. And if you do not, you can say so, and many have.

Taking that right away by insisting on the selective editing/removal of threads that may be adverse to one party is damaging not only to the concept of the BOI, but to all that our freedoms stand for.

Entitled to her opinion YES. Being labeled a "Bad Guy" on a forum, we will have to beg to differ. I have my own, very clear, and supported idea on this situation. Someone I never sold anything to, never had a bad dealing with, never ripped off, never did anything to- posting that I was a "Bad Guy," and the subsequent Mark. The issue at hand is what the "Board of Inquiry" IS, and how it has standing in the 3rd party issue which is so often the touchstone of the text regarding this. Like Rich said earlier, it isn't for US to decide. I am only interested in one thing. And one thing alone. Having a "Bad Guy" mark against my good name and character- and nothing else. Whether I am right, or not, is something that I eventually learn. And if deemed wrong, I'll except that with grace.

Sincerely,
Kenny

Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #55
NaturalistGuy
"WILL, eventually learn." Sorry.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalistGuy View Post
NOT to stand up for things has historically caused more trouble then the opposing outcome.
Many here may stand up for Lori's freedom, as long as she is courteous and within the rules, to express her opinion, even while at the same time disagreeing with it.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #57
NaturalistGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Many here may stand up for Lori's freedom, as long as she is courteous and within the rules, to express her opinion, even while at the same time disagreeing with it.
Absolutely. Lori has the freedom to post, and to comment, on her belief that selling feral/invasive lizards is against her views.

But this is not ALL that occurred.

I agree with you Lucille.

I am ALL FOR freedom of speech. But "MARKS" against one's reputation is an entirely different story in my world view, and the supported view I have at this time.

Sincerely, and thank you for your words,
Kenny

Old 04-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #58
Lucille
Kenny, Marks and words are similar, they both express a point of view that you already just agreed that the OP has a right to express. She may not only be against the trapping of lizards, she may think poorly of you for doing so, and can say that.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #59
hhmoore
Ken,
You say you are upset about being labeled as a bad guy - I can absolutely understand that...but, given the nature of some of these posts, I am inclined to ask you a question.
What if she had posted this thread using the information icon. A light bulb rather than a red X. Would you still be disputing, and lobbying for its removal; or would you shrug it off as the outcome of your interaction with the OP? While she may disagree with the practice of capturing and selling iguanas (and other non-native lizards), that isn't why she posted. It's easy to lose track of it in all the discussion, but she posted because you were abusive in your email exchange. Her first message was pretty benign, really; but you came back calling her uneducated and silly. I'm sure there was more, but let's skim past that and consider that you told her to F off...not once, but twice.
I can understand that the you were frustrated at the type of messages you'd been receiving; but the OP's first message to you shouldn't have prompted the the response you gave. I can accept that maybe you had a bad night, and you were just fed up with those messages...but, IMO, you were out of line; and none of the self righteous explanation changes that.
I know you care about the animals; and dealing with people isn't my strongest suit, so I can relate to your reactions...but, unless there was content missing from the opening post, you owe her an apology.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #60
NaturalistGuy
Dear Harold,

Nah, I already said I lost it when she contacted my private email.

I have thick skin and I hope she will to.

I'm happy with how this whole thing proceed quite frankly. It helps to learn this much.

Still gotta take you to that hognose population when I'm up!! :-)

Sincerely,
Kenny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!