Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
michaellosoya
Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase.

Bigpimpen22 Cwilder@yahoo.com agreed to buy a female mojave from me almost 3 weeks ago. He asked if I would hold her for $100 until the weekend so he could pick her up. I agreed and he put the holding fee in my paypal. Saturday comes and no word from him, I get in touch and he says sorry his kid is in the ER but he will still get her. He offered to put another $100 in my paypal to hold her for another week because he needed time to sell a snake to come up with the funds. He never put more in my account and when next saturday came, he said he he still didn't have the money, but he assured me he would pick her up Sunday. Sunday came, and he said he couldn't get her until after 3......at 4 he said that he was in the ER again but this time with his wife .. I find it unlikely that every time we agree to meet, he has some kind of excuse. He still said he would come get her. I told him he had until 6......but he wanted to meet up as late as possible(I wouldn't leave my sick wife to pick up a snake), which sent up a red flag immediately. I told him I was going to sell her to someone else because I've wasted too much time already and took off work each time he wanted to meet up. I have since found a purchaser for her and Bigpimpen22 keeps texting me wanting his holding fee back. I have explained to him thats not how holding fees work and I just don't want it to get out of hand. I have texts to prove all this but need to get to a final so I will post them later. Long story short, don't agree to buy something you don't have the funds for and don't tell people you will meet them when you won't, some people have better things to do than go on wild goose chases.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Lucille
If your agreement is that the $100 was to hold the critter he is not entitled to receive it back.
Good luck on the final, and post emails and stuff when you get back.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
bigpimpen22
Yes and dont forget to post that I had the money Sunday but I didn't want to leave my wife....don't half way tell the story because I have all the texts as well but its ok family does come 1st and that's wat I did stuck buy my family thanks....matter of fact when I get home I will put all of the texts on here.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpimpen22 View Post
Yes and dont forget to post that I had the money Sunday but I didn't want to leave my wife....don't half way tell the story because I have all the texts as well but its ok family does come 1st and that's wat I did stuck buy my family thanks....matter of fact when I get home I will put all of the texts on here.
The $100 looked to be a hold until the first weekend. The seller says that you said you said did not have the funds at that time.
Whether or not you had the funds, the $100 was for the seller's time to hold the snake for you and is not refundable.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
bigpimpen22
Yes and that I understand now but if someone tells you that your family is sick and the person has the cash was that a reason to sale the snake after hearing that...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Sushi Dragons
Was the buyer aware that the holding fee was non-refundable?

I have it in my TOS on my website that deposits are non-refundable, but I also clearly state it in any communications with a buyer.

If it's not somewhere in writing, you might be out of luck. But I do agree, that the whole point in a holding fee is to lock in a done deal. If it was refundable, there would be no point.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpimpen22 View Post
Yes and that I understand now but if someone tells you that your family is sick and the person has the cash was that a reason to sale the snake after hearing that...
The seller has according to him lost money by taking off work each time y'all were supposed to meet. I'd probably go ahead and sell as he did; he may have been expecting more delays from you.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
bigpimpen22
It wasn't in writing know where but he wants me to look bad when I'm not the one that did wrong...yes I will own up to the second time when I was suppose to put the other 100 in but I didn't my fault but after I told him I have the cash he UPS and sale her thats what I'm mad about

Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
bigpimpen22
Well lucille you can think what you want but if I knew I was flat out wrong I wouldn't be trying to defined myself...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
HerpVenue
I once took about 4 months to purchase a snake. True I was making payemnts every month. But my point is, what is the hurry?

I think these two could have ironed it out. True, the buyer messed up. But come on seller. You had his money. Perhaps a little more customer service. Times are tough. Patience in these tough economic times would be a virtue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!