Bad Guy Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
713Jason
Thumbs down Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL

Absolutely horrible communication and customer service.

I inquired about a hog that he had listed for $250 shipped. Here is a link to the ad: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=580013

Following are transaction details via email:

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:49:18 PM
Subject: Hog

Hi there,

Still have the little hog?

Also looking for BCL and maybe one or two of those nice Peruvians you keep showing off.

Not sure what email address this is going to come from but my email addy is: jason@*******.com

Thanks!

Jason
Sent from my iPad

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:15 PM
To: Jason Cothren <j------@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: Hog

Hi Jason,

yes sir, she's still here. I won't have any BCL this year.

I am going to lets 1.1 sub adult Peruvians go at 2,000.00 ea. Thank you very much for your inquiry.

To: "Buddy Young" <designerboa@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:19:56 AM
Subject: RE: Hog

Hi Buddy,

I will take the hog. How do you like to get paid? What days do you ship? Also – the jab at locality freaks in the description is pretty funny!

Those Peruvians are so nice; one day…

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jason

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2016 11:33 AM
To: Jason Cothren <j*****@icloud.com>

Hi Jason,

Very good sir, shes a special little lady in my book. I much prefer Paypal, However I ask that you send the funds as a gift to friends and family or add 3.5% to the total to forgo the fees on my end.

I ship Mondays and Tuesdays only. Next Monday is Independence day so next Tuesday will be my next shipping day. My Paypal address is boabud@gmail.com.

Thank you very much for your order and I'll look for your payment.

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:19 AM
To: Jason Cothren <jason@*******.com>

Jason,

If you want the hog you need to pay for her. I have someone else wanting her and I'm not going to sell her out from under you.

I didn't take a jab at locality types? I complimented them:

Anal

: extremely or overly neat, careful, or precise

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:23:54 PM

Done!

Best regards,

Jason Cothren

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:06 PM
To: Jason Cothren <jason@*******.com>

Thanks Jason,

Please forward your shipping and email addresses along with your phone number for your shipping label. Tomorrow she is schedule for feeding I want to get another meal in her and another shed before she is ready to ship.

My phone number is ***-***-**** if you have any questions. You can catch me on FB too. Thank you very much for your patronage.

__________________________________________________ ____________

So at this point I have paid and am being told AFTER payment that he wants to get another meal and shed in her. This is the last email I got from him. In the mean time....

__________________________________________________ ____________
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:06 PM
To: Buddy Young [mailto:designerboa@comcast.net]

My pleasure and thank you! Ive been waiting a year for the right one to come along. Looking for a boyfriend for her too if you or anyone you know has any.

When do you plan on shipping so I can make arrangements?

Jason Cothren
#@#$ Noway Rd.
Houston, TX
***.***.****

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jason Cothren

__________________________________________________ ______________

Since he had already told me he was shipping on Tuesday I kind of left it alone being a holiday weekend and all. Since I hadn't heard back I decided to reach out again.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 2:34:15 PM

Hi Buddy,

Will she be shipping tomorrow?

Best regards,

Jason Cothren

Crickets chirping. Nothing.

Sent: Monday, July 6, 2016 2:02 PM

Hi Buddy,

Tomorrow marks a week since our last communication. I’ve emailed twice since then but have heard nothing back.

Everything ok? What is the status.

Best regards,

Jason Cothren

__________________________________________________ ___________

Within an hour I started getting calls and its at this point we start the text battle...

__________________________________________________ ______________

Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
713Jason

Old 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
713Jason
What you are seeing with the DONT SEND THE SNAKE Text is in regards to him now setting up shipping and fedex emailing me telling me I have something coming in-bound.

I checked everywhere yesterday and I see no where any wording about no refunds (although Im sure there will be some within a day or so...that have been there all along )

I could accept the snakes on Wednesday and probably even today but I am out in PHX at this point. And with all the trash talking and BS this guy is throwing I have zero trust in either him or his product.

Buyer beware. Or at least know that you'll get your product when Buddy decides to give it to you.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Did you file a claim with PayPal and let him know of this post?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
713Jason
Yes. He could care less. And if you read the texts you can see him taunting me telling me "ive done this before" and "I'll win" etc etc.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #6
713Jason
Luckily I paid the 3.5% fee instead of gifting him the money like he requested.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Was it really that bad to wait a couple weeks to get her? What a mess.
It does look bad the seller is saying he'll 'win' the money but also does seem like he's still willing to ship her. How did you send the funds? Did you ask about terms beforehand (where seller says credit, no refunds)?
What can be done to resolve this now? You're demanding a refund, sounds like you won't get it, what would be acceptable? Do you no longer what the boa?
I hope you both can calm down and come to a solution.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
spinytail
Sounds to me like Buddy Young of Designer Boas has lied about shipping on the Tuesday he originally planned and now is threatening to keep your money if he can't force his changed ship date. With you not able to accept due to his change in the shipping agreement, I only see a refund as the professional way to handle this.

Buddy, time to be professional and offer a refund or you will never see my business or likely many others who read this. Sorry Jason you had to deal with this crap. Sucks how some people in this hobby treat others and lack communication skills. Sometimes I wonder if they have great communication skills and purposefully play stupid to confuse the situation and attempt at forcing you to make mistakes. Anyways good luck getting your money!

Old 07-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #9
spinytail
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Was it really that bad to wait a couple weeks to get her? What a mess.
It does look bad the seller is saying he'll 'win' the money but also does seem like he's still willing to ship her. How did you send the funds? Did you ask about terms beforehand (where seller says credit, no refunds)?
What can be done to resolve this now? You're demanding a refund, sounds like you won't get it, what would be acceptable? Do you no longer what the boa?
I hope you both can calm down and come to a solution.
I think when it comes to buying rarer reptiles, if the credibility of the seller is broken, then the reliability of the animal being of good lineage and/or health can be in question as well. With the aggressive talk by Buddy, I would not trust getting anything other than money from him. That I will win attitude would make me suspect of anything but a bad outcome unless strait cash back. I think Jason is correct in pushing for this as the only option.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #10
Lucille
Jason, Had the snake been shipped to you when you thought, you would have to have been planning to hire a caretaker for her while you were in the desert for a month.
Why not plan the shipment and have the caretaker pick her up, see if you can arrange that with your seller.
I do not like how your seller has handled Paypal, but at least you were wise enough not to choose the 'friends and family' payment method.
If the snake does not get shipped successfully you can always start a Paypal claim, but for now, why not work toward getting her shipped?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!